Woodcraft 35mm Rise Adjustable Clip on project

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by AvatarSisco.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Everyone seems to want to convert the Vitpilen handle to raised height but I really like the aggressive racing position of the vitpilen, although imo  not aggressive enough.

While I want the option to make it aggressive while being able to retain the factory handle position and after tons of research, I think the Woodcraft clip-ons are the perfect solutions because they offer 15mm spacer adapter for it which we need to clear the triple clamp and also have adjustable angle option.

so I recently purchased the 35mm Rise adjustable clip-on with this you can adjust the handlebar angle I think between 2-12 degrees , I think the factory is 2 degrees and the 35mm rise means I can bring the clip on to factory height and also raise it further by about 20mm height if I want extra comfort and I also have the option to make it lower than factory.

the 15mm adapter is also needed to retain the factory position as you can see from this photo

I will need to cut the factory triple clamp handle bar off but I’m getting someone else do that for me, so will post progress update later.

Participant

triple clamp cut and spray painted myself satin black, is the closest color I can find to the factory color.

The person that cut the clamp for me was careless and dented the clamp a bit on the right hand side, it’s kind of hidden from the paint but I hate it that it’s not perfectly done.

Participant

woodcraft clip on position vs factory, note the 15mm spacer

Participant

little fun comparison, the Vitpilen triple clamp is similar to RC390 handle bar position of the Vitpilen is about 15mm lower than RC390 and has a wider (more forward) angle sweep than the KTM.

Only aftermarket Triple clamp for Vit 401 at the moment is from ABM Handlebar riser kit

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by AvatarSisco.
    stroemstroem
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. My goal is to also add actual clip ons as well, and a triple clamp that accepts a steering damper. These bikes are basically a RC390 so it’s a serious small displacement track bike but with the looks for weekend cruises to the coffee shop. Perfect combo.

Participant

yea, it share more DNA with the Duke, the airbox and Battery position is the same,  but the same riding position of the RC. I also noticed that the rider footpeg of the 401 is  higher than the RC maybe because seating position is also higher.

I did managed to get this finish today but haven’t taken it out of the garage yet. Will get more photos up soon. Photo below quick comparison between the clip ons at maximum height vs factory, the clip ons at maximum height position does increase it about 20mm over factory.

Benefit of the woodcraft clip ons is that you can also purchase the 75mm height adapter to raise it even higher, but you can’t really do that much higher because the cable from the light switch on the left hand side is quite short.

Participant

sorry I kept saying the spacer needed is 15mm, it was 10mm and the only one available

Participant

before and after

this is at 7degree angle and I think about 30mm lower than factory

Participant

discovered that only 150mm of the fork is 51mm diameter, so you can’t keep sliding further because the fork gradually becomes wider, so this position is near the limit of how far we can go down with the clip on’s but I probably don’t want to go down further than this anyway, but important to know if you plan to switch to clip ons.

Participant

This is one here is raising it by about 20mm higher than factory position and at 2 degree angle, the maximum height with this clip on.

Already feels way more comfortable than factory setup, I will definitely be using this setup for touring.

Participant

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.