Won’t start after replacing Turn Signals with aftermarket LEDS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve replaced the ugly Turn signals with some aftermarket ones. They flash but the engine now won’t turn over. Something appears to be shorting out however all the fuses are fine. I’m not getting any codes when the engine fails to turn over. Sometimes I get the check ABS light, sometimes I don’t.  I’ve been told to check the grounds. I can’t seem to find where this is? The grounds should be at the battery connection correct? I haven’t touched the terminals other than to attach a trickle charger.

Thought this was an easy clean installation…Should have a pro do it. I’ve got the battery on a trickle charger so its fully charged when I go to start it. No idea what to do. Shops are 2-3 weeks out. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

Did you replace the relay. You could have knocked something loose when under the tank. Otherwise I would check the simple stuff again. Like kill switch side stand switch bike actually in neutral. The bike should start even with no turn signals. Though you might get a hlu failure message.another guy had shorted wires which blew fuses. But that didn’t prevent bike from starting.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Satur9Satur9.
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

I replaced all my turn signals with LED after running without any for a month.  While installing them I ran the battery extremely low testing them.  The starter and relay would click but not crank over.  Doing a full drain on the lead acid battery made it go bad and not hold a charge.  I swapped to an AGM battery and it’s been flawless for a month now.

There is a ground hidden on the frame under the center rear tire fairing.

Participant

Turns out it was just a bad factory battery, nothing to do with my wiring.  Thanks for the advice everyone.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.