Won’t move in neutral or in 1st even with clutch pulled in(rear wheel locked)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Zenckhaki401
    Participant

Hello I have a 2020 svartpilen 401 and it has about 1100 miles on it. I wanted to ride it today and I was trying to take it out of the house, when I put it neutral to roll it out it only moved about a foot and wouldn’t move anymore back, I tried moving it forward and the same thing happened, it advanced about a foot and stopped. I tried holding down the clutch in 1st gear and nothing either, it’s as if the rear wheel is locked. Does anyone have any idea what this can be?

Vanessa
    Participant

Maybe the chain has a stiff link or is loose or not adjusted properly, and is jamming up as you roll the bike?

Zenckhaki401
    Participant

I’ll have to check it when I get home, but I feel like that’s not the case, but it’s worth trying. Thank you

Scubadubbers
    Participant

@Zenckhaki401

If the bike is very cold, the viscosity of the oil will be like a thick syrup on the transmission and make it difficult to move when cold.  You can see this difference when you return from a ride and move the bike with a warm motor back inside (it should move easily when hot).

If you don’t notice the difference after the ride, you may have a different problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.