Who has de-cat experience?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Nampus 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Eratosthenes
    Participant

Hi!

As my first 1000km are over now and the service has been done I now want to “re-configure” my 701 so that it sounds a bit better… 😀

As I like the look of the original exhaust I’d like to keep it as is.

So here my question: Has anybody of you kept the exhaust and replaced the underslung silencer with a de-cat pipe like the Leovince one?

What about the sound if I remove the silencer?

To me this

A bit lighter...

looks really nice… 😉

THNX 4 the info.

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

somebody said you have to setup/upgrade 🙂 crasy word for a bike your software if you use the de cat pipe…

sounds great:

Eratosthenes
    Participant

I will get my decat pipe tomorrow or the day after. Will let you know if it works on my 701…

Eratosthenes
    Participant

Moin, moin!

I’ve got my de-cat pipe mounted today. See attached pic.

Sounds really good but seems to be a bit loud. I will check if it’s “road acceptable” here. I think it’s possible that I will get trouble with the pipe. Let’s see. I will test…  :-BJust a pipe, no cat atrappe. Looks "quiet original" to me...

Have a lot of fun…

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar Eratosthenes.
    Qwandree
    Qwandree

I have the Leo Vince link pipe with the stock exhaust (baffles in). You don’t need to do an ecu adaptation.

For me the sound is perfect. Much much better than with the cat. Throatier and not too loud at all. Some popping on decel… I love that, some don’t.

There’s maybe a hair better engine performance. Huge weight savings is the real reason to do it. The better sound is gravy.

koala
    Participant

Qwandree is it the link pipe with the  bulge is that a baffle section?

Qwandree
    Qwandree

No. Or at least I don’t think so. Might be a resonator.

Eratosthenes
    Participant

Hi again,

as there is not so many resonance to the thread, here’s my experience so far:

[color=red][b][i]A de-cat pipe without any silencer is crap.[/i][/b][/color]

The sound is awful, the loss of tourque doesn’t make fun…

My next step is the Leovince 8070 silencer.

So keep the fingers crossed that:
    – this thing doesn’t sound as awful as the pipe
    – it fits as good as the pipe
    – I will not loose as much power as with the de-cat pipe…

I’ll let you know…

Have a nice weekend.

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

rod frost
    rod frost
    Participant

Here is a de-cat on my Svart 401 ( kind of a two stroke sound) not sure if it is good or bad ,more sound with out cat…

Eratosthenes
    Participant

Looking at my 701 nowLeo de-cat? - Not my solution!

it’s still not what I want! – The Leo de-cat pipe having a silencer doesn’t sound as bad as the empty pipe shown in one of the first posts.

BUT: I’ve lost torque! – This is not(!) what I want…

I still have to find a solution for my “sound” (+not loosing power-) issue…

Owen
    Owen
    Participant

leo vince

BUT: I’ve lost torque! – This is not(!) what I want…

Leovince is quite clear about this in their performance sheets presented on their website. There is a loss of torque and power. Too bad there is no performance sheet on the Arrow system available.

Eratosthenes
    Participant

Hi,

I’d like to get some info about the Leovince deCat pipe.

Since I’m using mine, im a bit concerned about the “exhaust temperature of the motor”.  I wonder if the engine is running too lean … (*sorry if not correct, used G**GLE translator)

The pipe changed it’s colour shortly after I’ve mounted it. See the attached photo.

I’ve seen this on Titan pipes but never on alloy or stainless steel ones.

Does your pipe look similar? – I’ve only ridden about 500mls – 800mls with the Leo mounted

THNX 4 info.

MfL
    der Eratosthenes

Mason
    Participant

i Might have missed it but anyone telling you that you don’t need to do a tune with a full exhaust is wrong. These bikes already run lean from the factory with all the emissions garbage on it. You shouldnt be doing a full exhaust without a tune.

absolutely love my bike and the performance with the full exhaust

( Akra dB killer is also removed ). The chart isn’t even a true before and after the tune because I had already installed the exhaust to save time. But the power increase is still huge. With the weight reduction of that heavy cat among other things, the bike absolutely rips.

Mason Tuttle’s Vitpilen 701 Mason Tuttles Vitpilen 701

Nampus
    Participant

Mason, what did they use to adjust the fuelling? Power commander? Or did they flash the ecu?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.