White arrow Liverpool UK

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Skunk1961Skunk1961
    Participant

Here is my Vitpilen

• Toro de cat full system.
    • Forget power commander, upgraded ECU etc. All you need is a Booster Plug to sort out the fuelling. Just plug it in and play.
    • Home made tidy tail (number plate holder) using the original indicators and number plate light.
    • Rockstar moto x handlebars on  a KTM 390 Duke triple clamp and clutch cable, slight modification required including brackets to hold wiring box and head light.

Will be doing a couple of more things but for now, just riding.

Liverpool Vitpilen 1

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by Skunk1961Skunk1961.
    Participant

I was debating trying an O2 plug first since its so much cheaper than using a Powercommander.

But is it really better? Id like your thoughts

Skunk1961Skunk1961
    Participant

Leave your 02 sensor in place. It is the air intake temperature sensor that is replaced with a (booster plug) this provides for a controlled fuel air mixture in all ambient temperatures. Standard ECUs are set within certain parameters to pass emissions test and such like. The temperature sensors are normally located within the air box, and operate best within pre determined parameters, with this system the  intake air temperature sensor is located at the front of the motorcycle directly in the air flow ensuring optimum air fuel mixture in all temperature conditions. Read the article by Jens Lyck : http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/cms-fuel_injection_book.html  for all the technical information on fuel injection systems.

I have had one fitted to my VFR1200F for the last year, running a Delkivic race pipe and the bike runs perfectly no snatching, smooth, revs out quicker just much better to ride than before it was fitted, so to fit one on the White arrow is a no brainer.

I will keep everyone updated on how the bike runs over the next few months.

MidnaiteMidnaite
    Participant

Nice job on the tailtiddy and handlebar

Participant

Thanks! I will have to look into it.

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Bike is looking sweet man.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Am I right in thinking the Booster plug is a resistor reducing the electrical signal from inlet air temp sensor to ECU and in doing so tricking ECU into thinking it’s colder and therefore it increases fuelling to compensate?</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>How has the fuelling with the booster plug performed over last few months?</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Can you recommend which shop to get correct plug?</p>

Participant

God, I wish we had those turn signals instead. The US ones are hideous!

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Any chance you could mock up a how to on how you installed the duke triple clamp? and also what the year of bike  triple clamp you used. I know a lot of people  are trying to upgrade their bar ergonomics but only have one choice to do so  @skunk1961

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.