Which chain adjuster/block/spacer to use? Removing rear fender on 2020 Svart 401

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jupiterhenryjupiterhenry
    Participant

Hey everybody, I just put a deposit down on a Svart 401(!). I’m picking it up in a couple weeks, and I’m already planning out some little mods. First off, I definitely want to ditch that rear fender. Since the 2020 has the rear blinkers already mounted on the seat, I don’t want to bother with a whole tail tidy kit. I’m going to side mount the license plate (shout out @scubadubbers for the inspo), so now I think all I need is a chain adjuster/block/spacer to go on the rear axle where the fender used to be (please correct me if I’m wrong). I’ve been pouring over this forum trying to find the right part, but the only solid thread I found was about a Vit 701, so I figured I’d post the question to this forum, specifically for the 2020 Svart 401.

TLDR: Anybody know which chain adjuster/block/spacer I should use after removing the rear fender on my 2020 Svart 401?

TIA yall.

Participant

I’ve replied with a picture if the leftover axle block I have from the OEM tail tidy kit and some images of the Evotech axle blocks I’m using in its place.  The post is ‘awaiting moderation’.  Same thing happened last time I posted on here, took more than a week to clear.

jupiterhenryjupiterhenry
    Participant

Thanks NEO701, any chance you could send me that pic in a message, in case it doesn’t get approved or whatever?

Participant

I’ve put black billet Evotech axle blocks on my 701 Vit.  The both axle blocks are flat but it mates up just fine where the original number plate mount was and I’ve had no issues with it.

I’ve also replaced the rear number plate mount with the OEM tail tidy and got a new axle block in the kit provided.  So I now have the item below as a left over.  If you’re concerned about this I’d suggest getting the OEM item, although I’m not sure its available for the 401.

jupiterhenryjupiterhenry
    Participant

Thanks!! Would you consider selling me that left over part? I’ll pay whatever you think is fair plus shipping, and if it doesn’t fit, I won’t try to return it to you or anything, I’m willing to take the risk. What do you think?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.