When becomes Vitpilen/Svartpilen to small for a rider?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Forum,

Just a simple question.

At what length and weight of the rider will the Vitpilen/Svartpilen be too small?

Im a Swedish Viking size 178cm/5 feet 10 and 90kg/198lb, would the forum consider that too long or heavy for these bikes?

Greetings from Sweden.

BR Mr.Bjorken

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

These are tall bikes, esp the Svart, so you are fine. I am also 5’10” and it’s fine.

Participant

I don’t think that is at all too large for the 701.   This thing will fit you like a dirt bike, you’ll enjoy it.

Participant

I’m 6’1 (186cm) 225lbs (102Kg).  My Svart 701 fits me fine but the suspension is soft for my weight, particularly the fork.  I run 7 clicks of preload on the rear shock.  Will likely have to upgrade the fork springs to my weight at some point.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I’m 178, and the Vit 701 fits me like a glove, it’s not a small bike for small people. It’s just light and narrow. You may need stiffer springs though, especially front. I’m a bit lighter than you are (sub 80kg) and find them just ok-ish. I think it was setup for a 70-75kg rider.

All depending on your riding style/preferred roads…

Participant

5’10 with my work boots on and 100kgs-ish and find the Vit 701 fine at the moment. Played around with the front suspension a little but have left the rear alone. We have some bumpy roads here in New Zealand and if i think i need to do something in the future i will.

Participant

Svartpilen 701Thanks guys for the help, I’m now a proud

owner of a Svartpilen 701.

BR Mr.Bjorken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.