Wheels (Brown Spoked or Black Cast Alloy) PLEASE EXPLAIN?!

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey gang, I’m about to purchase a 2021 Vitpilen 401 in QLD, Australia and am wondering what the difference is and how/why some have the brown spoked wheels and some with the black cast alloy wheels? The place I am about to buy it from only has it with the brown spoked wheels however I prefer the black alloys…is this an option or only on some models etc? TIA 👍🏼

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I was under the impression that all 401’s come as standard with spoked wheels. The black cast alloy wheels are an option. I went for the black cast alloy wheels on my bike, they weren’t cheap though, and I still have the original spoked wheels in my loft in storage. You need to get the official Husqvarna alloy wheel kit because it includes a new front brake disc too as the original front disc is not compatible with the alloy front wheel. These cast alloy wheels are basically Duke 390 wheels (and front disc) but painted black instead of orange. I really like them, easy to clean and less maintenance than spoked wheels.

Participant

I’m not talking about the option ones on the Husqvarna website!! There’s a 5 spike set that some of the 401s come stock with!?

Participant

These wheels!!!

Participant

There are 3 types: 1 is the ones mentioned by Vanessa; 2 the ones that are in the 250; 200 and a few 401 in some Asian and S American Countries and the 3 is that one; that go mainly in the 2019 701. There are way more quality than the others 2.

Participant

Wow!

Awesome wheels are they form the Vitpilen 250???

They use the same dimensions???

Deamnn, I think I’m getting one of does

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.