What’s Missing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi everyone. I’ve just bought a 2019 Svartpilen 401 and it’s been delivered today. On a quick check, I noticed an screwhole on the right-hand side. It’s hard to find any clear photos online, but the ones I’ve seen look like there should be something coming inside to out screwed in there. Is anyone able to tell me what’s missing? It’s pretty much in the centre of this photo.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dcfn4cKwKuACm1cV7

Vanessa
    Participant

My 401 has a few screw holes with no screws in them. But your photo link doesn’t work.

James
    Participant

Let’s try that again! It’s pretty much in the middle of the picture, near where the rear subframe attaches. It’s the hint of rust that makes it look like something was in there previously, but isn’t now. There’s nothing behind it and it doesn’t even seem like a mointing point for any accessories.

Vanessa
    Participant

That is not meant to have anything screwed into it on the stock Svartpilen 401. It’s rusty because the thread inside has no protection and is cut into the steel. I think it’s used on other KTM variants. I cleaned the rust out of mine, put some coro-block grease in it and then screwed in a short black stainless steel flanged button-head screw to blank the hole off. I think I actually made a post about filling in all the unused screw holes on the bike a while back. There are a few on the swing arm as well. Nothing to worry about.

James
    Participant

Thanks Vanessa, that’s good to know. Very strange though! I’ll probably spray some ACF-50 in, then try a stainless M8 screw. If it looks a bit odd, I’ll get a pack of black ones like you say.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.