What tires are you running?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Over 5,000 miles with the original Bridgestone Battlax S21, thinking about replacing them with the Battlax S22. Anyone use these tires or recommend something else?

https://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/detail/pr153/

Participant

I wil mount S22 in monday. I suppose it will be same for such rider like me. S21 has now more than 9000km. Will let you know if there will be any change in bike feel.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M7MAGbe4PwXSvs8m9

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Avatarjecnak.
    ZapfZapf
    Participant

S22 is known to be a very balanced tire for faster road riding.  I don’t think you can go wrong.

Participant

I run Michelin RS’s on my 790 duke and they are awesome.

Apparently they get shredded up un heavier big BHP superbikes but on light bikes apparently not.

S22’s did get a massive wrap though by 44 teeth and apparently are a massive step ahead of the S21

Participant

^Thanks for the RS recommendation

I like 44 teeth, but they have a conflict of interest. Just looking for personal experiences with these tires.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Didn’t know that about 44 teeth, what is their conflict of interest?

NampusNampus
    Participant

They are sponsored by bridgestone

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

🙁

Participant

Hi!
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>In short I will be changing the rear tire for the second time. And I will chose again the s22, but here comes my doubt will it fit a 180??</p>

NampusNampus
    Participant

Why would you want a 180?

The 160 will handle better.

Participant

How did you get so far with the tire, mine was at the end after 3000km. I am now switching to Supercorsa SC1.

Participant

Just asking, I only wanted to know if anyone had mounted this size

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I don’t think it will fit. With the stock 160 the tire and the chain already rub every now and then (when the chain is a little loose).

Why would you want a 180 anyway?

Participant

I’m hesitating between two types of tires.

I like the look of the Dunlop Sportmax Mutant, it’s a real coffee racer tyre.

But for safety and performance I’m thinking of putting the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa

Participant

Hey guys

I’ve always bought same brand tyres on previous bikes, but at 4k miles the rear s21 needs changing.

I’m looking to upgrade to an s22 rear this time. Would i need to change the front too or are they similar enough to work together?

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.