Weighted bar inserts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Ever since I have my Vit 701 I wondered if I could reduce the vibrations in the bars. They’re not really bad, but they are there. My bike came with those little bar end mirros, so not much bar end weight.

I didn’t want to make the bars any wider than they already are (filtering through traffic), yet I did want to add some extra mass to the bar ends. Then I found weights from Sato racing that go inside the bars! Very happy with them.

Participant

How did they attach to your current bar ends?   I’m assuming it’s threaded to receive a bolt?   Do you know what size bolt/thread they take?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Yep, the left side in the above pic is threaded M6, it replaces the regular aluminium expander nut that secures the mirror bar end adapters.

Participant

Hey Max…. Great info! I too was disappointed to see the bar end mass disappear when I installed a pair of Puig Hi-Tech type 4 bar end mirrors recently on the Vit701. Any further info on what I should order from Sato? M

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Just the weights basically, and of course you need two M6 bolts that are long enough.

Participant

👍

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.