Weight Loss Program

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Jherrild
    Participant

I might have over tightened it- the two things I wanted the guy at the shop to look at were chain tension and alignment, so I’m glad that those are your two highest order concerns.

When I dropped the wheel adjusters as far as they could go, the chain was DEFINITELY too slack, but I might have put a little too much tension into it adjusting it back- I don’t have a chain measurement tool, and frankly I’m not sure how accurate I was eyeballing it with my tape measure.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Jherrild. Reason: spelling
    Vanessa
    Participant

If you’re not 100% confident in your changes, definitely get an expert to check for you. I find the difference between too slack and too tight can be less than an eighth of a turn on the adjusters.

Jherrild
    Participant

Aaaaaaaand my chain was way too tight. They fixed it. In case anyone is wondering, the stock chain is JUST long enough to go one tooth up in the front. With like one eighth of a turn left to spare on the adjuster nut.

Sisco
    Participant

Fredde
    Participant

Is that Titanium parts?

Sisco
    Participant

yes, I posted tpics with weight scale but it gets stuck waiting for moderation, posted on my thread here 

Fredde
    Participant

Very nice pieces, wish they would make some for the 701 models as well. I just love the way the heat brings up the colours.

Sisco
    Participant

my contribution to the thread, Rtamo titanium headers and cat delete

Fredrik Käll
    Participant

So, since I haven’t had any response/answer on my question in the ”general discussion” area I make a try here. I just bought a Svartpilen 401-2020 that came with the Acrapovic slip on installed. My question is:

How much weight saving is this versus the stock exhaust/slip on? Anyone that knows? I am just trying to keep a track of were I am at the moment in regards of weight.

BIG thanks in advance for your reply.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Sisco
    Participant

the slip on itself wouldn’t be much different. the big loss is from removing the pre silencer and cat which is about 3-4kg loss compared to straight pipe

JBJRracing.com
    Participant

Hi, friends.  I’m new here.

Thanks for all of these tips and measurements.  I just bought a 401 Vitpilen and have immediately put it on a diet.  I’ve ordered most of these lighter parts and will also be doing a 415 chain / sprocket swap.  I’ll post some pics as it’s going on.

leddifer
    Participant

The Husky/Galfer Wave Rotors are roughly 1.5 pounds lighter than stock

Gavin
    Participant

Great thread!  I will be doing a bunch of those mods to my 401 Vit asap!

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.