Weight Loss Program

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I was motivated by this thread to install a new battery. I went with Shorai, but noticed that the battery tray is unique in that it’s a rubber tray and not something of stiffer material. I’m a little weary of the stability of the battery. Also, I noticed your install is sooooo much cleaner than mine. Any tips on what you removed? Thanks!

Picture of my install:

Shorai install

Participant

Thanks! I was on the fence about buying that months ago for the lowering factor. But Wilber wouldn’t confirm that any of their monoshocks would work on our Svarts/Vitps 401s at the time. Glad you took the plunge and did it. You wouldn’t happen to also have install instructions would ya? 🙂

Here is the lowering thread: https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/lowering-kit-for-401/

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarlarryt1026.
    JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

@larryt1026, you’ll notice that underneath that rubber tray there’s a rigid platform. I left the tray in place but went ahead and got rid of all but one of them bulky rubber straps and swapped them out with a single velcro strap, and padded the sides with foam.

I can’t quite remember what I anchored the velcro onto but I clearly remember it was a pain in the butt getting down in there.

Also, instructions to mount the monoshock were not included with it but it’s very straight forward once you’ve removed the side panels. Took me about an hour and a half, which included swapping for a shorter kickstand.

Thanks for the link to the lowering thread…I didn’t take any pics during installation but on there I will post whatever I’ve got including item details.

Participant

SuperLite Front Sprocket:

…paired with SuperLite 72202R-45 Rear Sprocket per @Stumpkin ‘s weight specs:

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/weight-loss-program/page/5/#post-2608

Participant

Hyperpro Front Springs. They weigh 97g’s more than stock but they brought the front end down 30mils…

…bike now sits low and level.

QwandreeQwandree

I haven’t been in this swanky thread in a while.

@johnny where did you find all those sprocket weights you listed earlier? When looking for sprox for my 701 I could never find listed weights, and I actually talked to the sprocket center guys and ask them about weights and they were all “geez, I dunno man…”

Participant

@Qwandree I’ll tell you what’s swanky…this new suspension feels like I’m riding on air…what a difference!

From what I recall, I found that chart somewhere on a forum. I was actually searching for the weight of the SuperSprox Stealth and it led me to that site…I’ll see if I can fish it up.

Participant
    Participant

This is incredible. What is the total weight Loss at this moment @JohnnyLightning?

Participant

You know @pdsounds, I’m not exactly sure. Based on my calculations, I should be at around 120kg/265lbs +/-.

Some have suggested to check in at a weigh station but others say it won’t be accurate enough for that kind of weight.

What I can say is that it feels light and agile, stops on a dime and accelerations are effortless…I’m really feeling it now but I’m sure I can still shave off an additional 6 or 7kg’s (15lbs).

My goal is to get it down to RC390 racing weight but I’d really like to get an accurate weight though…any suggestions?

Participant

@JohnnyLightning (Excuse me for my bad English):

Most of the normal person-scales go to 150KG.

Just put a wooden plank on it, press on “TARE” and roll your bike on it!

Easy, simple and correct at 0,1KG

Participant

@pdsounds It’s a thought. I’ll see what I can find on Amazon…good idea!

Fred from franceFred from france
    Participant

This is the decat pipe : 0.733 g

decat pipe

Participant

any info on the oem aluminum wheels? https://www.ktm-parts.com/00010000283.html

they say light weight but give no weights.

there are these options that are expensive but cut alot of weight, carbon or aluminum and they both cut alot of weight

https://brocksperformance.com/rear-bst-4-5-x-17-ktm-rc-390/

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/marchesini-wheels-ktm-rc390-duke-390-see-options-for-pricing/

Participant

Hi JohnnyLightning,

Is 401’s monoshock the same as 701’s? If yes, would you mind measuring the free length for me? I am thinking of replacing my 701’s but don’t know its free length to start surveying. Thank you in advance.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.