Weight Loss Program

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

Alright pojkars and flickors…it’s time to cut the fat!!

At 326lbs (148 Kg), it shouldn’t be too difficult to get this little guy below the 300lb mark.

The object here is to eliminate, remove and reduce weight by any means but naturally, keep the bike rideable and (relatively) safe.

The formula is basic…regardless of how minuscule…weight reduction of any kind adds up:

Pounds
    – Ounces
    – Grams =
    SPEED

Anything you can think of via part removal, part swap, part modification, part substitutions, internal/external, including concepts and ideas qualify. Aluminum vs Titanium, Carbon vs Plastic, Helium vs Air…whatever it takes to lighten up…let’s see it!

Participant

Example:

Participant

The Good:

Participant

The Bad:

Participant

…and The Butt Ugly:

Participant

I’m a mountain biking weight weenie and love to see the stuff you’re doing! Have you figured total loss to date?

Participant

I’m into track bicycles lol.

Participant

“Have you figured total loss to date?“

Not yet…I have to factor in the items I’ve replaced with the ones I’ve calculated but I think I’m pretty close. I know I suggested that the object is to get to 300lbs but I’ve seen some of the Rc300 guys get down to 275. Im pretty sure we can pull it off.

Participant

What is this?

Participant

I need to see whats left of your bike!  That’s a ton of removals.

Participant

Thanks for weighing all the stuff I took off my bike for me! That stupid, fugly tire hugger fender really chapped my hide prior to its removal. I swear the rear is way more composed in mid corner bumps now that the shock doesn’t have to damp all that weight hanging off the end of the swingarm

Participant

Participant

Sorry to report; Although the the accessory foot pegs are nicer than the oem’s, they’re marginally heavier.

Don’t know why they weren’t hollowed out like they were on the concept bike…guess I’ll have to have them machined =-/

I can’t wait to see the end result!

Participant

“I can’t wait to see the end result!”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.