Way to turn off low beam

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kala_teer
    Participant

Hi, long time lurker in the forum, have followed a lot of the topics here and learnt alot about the bike.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Wondering if anyone knows if and how to turn off the headlight and just use the halo as Daytime running light. Ideally if there is a way to wire this with a switch button on the handlebar so you can turn it on and of?</p>

Anyone?

Satur9
    Participant

You can do this on euro bikes . With the stock switch. Off/on/hi.

It’s “illegal” in north America(headlight must always be on) so the switch is different.. I wonder if it’s as simple as changing the left switch cluster. I would assume the appropriate extra wire  is in the harness. Or mabey the wires are just spliced together in the American switch. I bought the service manual to look into this but the wiring diagrams are indecipherable. I never got around to disassembling the switch to take a look.

Kala_teer
    Participant

Oh..I have a eu bike and just checked on mine, 2020 Svartpilen 701, and it did not work, I see that there are three steps to the switch even though it is only marked with low beam/high beam but as soon as I turn to start the engine the low beam comes on either way. Will have the dealer check it when it is going in for the slave recall.

Thx for the info.

Satur9
    Participant

Tbf. That how most euro bikes are. If euro bike laws now require headlight on.  This may be old news.( Seeing as you have  only hi/lol) if your switch is indeed three steps . It’s probably spliced together in switch from factory. The dealer can’t help you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.