Vitpilen vs supermoto 701

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hey y’all, have a 401 and looking for  a bigger longer traveling bike also. Recently enjoyed a track day and think the supermoto 701 may be in my future. My question is, how much of the 701 supermoto is shared with 701 vitpilen? They do not discount the SUMO and I can usually get 3 to 4k off the vit. Wondering if I should be getting a vit and modding it up a bit.

stroemstroem
    Participant

I think only the engine is the same

Participant

You might consider purchasing a used KTM690 enduro and swapping out a few parts (i.e. wheels, brake spacer, etc) to make it a supermoto.

Participant

I think the savings would be minimal there. Also not that means anything or makes sense, but really trying to support the Husqvarna side of it. I love that even knowledgeable bike folk are excited to see a Husky in the street. I guess what I was getting at….Is the frame on the SUMO different that 701? Brakes? Front and rear suspension? I see the swingarm is different.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

The SuMo is based off the KTM 690 Enduro and SM, while the Vit/Svart are based off the KTM Duke 690 R

I bet a lot of parts are shared, but there are also significant differences. Airbox and fuel tank location for instance, or suspension travel.

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

Frame and suspension and brakes are different. Actually probably only the engine and misc. Bits are the same.the performance is probably negligible between the two though. So the big difference would be looks ergos and cost for you to decide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.