Vitpilen Saddle Bags (New)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  NeoRetro 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

brettbolus
    Participant

Vitpilen saddle bags

Has anyone installed the new saddle bags (linked above) that are now available in the shop on this website? I’m curious how the sit on the bike.

Secondly, has anyone purchased anything from the shop on this site? How was delivery/shipping?

Disclaimer – I’m own a svartpilen 401 but believe these should mount fine given the frames are the same.

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

I’ve bought stuff from the shop. Actually I try to buy all my parts from them to support this site. The shop on this site is really just https://www.ktm-parts.com/.

The guy(s?) who run ktm-parts / aomc started this forum (if I remember correctly he owns a svart 401). I’ve talked to him on email, he seems like a good guy.

In any case, delivery has been good. Prices seem about the same as elsewhere online. I bought the husky bar-end mirrors, service manual and some other small items from them. I have a style seat on order from them, but it is backordered.

brettbolus
    Participant

Awesome! Good to know! Are you referring to the dvd service manual? If so, how is it?

Joel
    Participant

The Vitpilen 701 frame is different from the Vitpilen 401, I’d try to verify that it will fit the Svartpilen 401 before ordering…

Qwandree
    Qwandree
    Participant

The service manual is ok. Not the most detailed manual and the dvd part is annoying (to me anyway), but it’s better than nothing.

Christopher
    Participant

The bags look silly either way but be careful if you install them this way, you’ll have to place a heat shield so the stock exhaust doesn’t burn through the bag. The inner plastic on my bag started to melt. The bags take away from the styling the bike whether mounted correctly or not.

TC
    Participant

Yep. They look silly alright….

NeoRetro
    Participant

Brb, buying a backpack

Svartpilen410
    Participant

of course it looks silly, you mounted them backwards

Svartpilen410
    Participant

so has anyone tried these on a 401 yet?

Weißer Pfeil
    Participant

interesting, it seems like you would be unable to seat a pillion with those mounted.

NeoRetro
    Participant

Unit garage duffle bag on mine. I used the husqvarna rear bag carrier as the mounting point (https://www.ktm-parts.com/21012978030.html)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.