Vitpilen quickshifter issues

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Max Kool
    Participant

“I took the bike in for the gas tank recall and was told that the quick shifter only works after it is unlocked after the first service.  I’m still about 200 miles from the service.”

Mine never went in for any service, and the quick shifter just works…

Daniel Taylor
    Participant

I better ask my guy at my next service as my qs works when I slightly roll off the gas. Still shifts faster than I could if I was using the clutch but sounds like I may need ot checked

DuctTape
    Participant

Quickshifter needs to be enabled in the computer (it’s a setting). The dealer should be able to check that

Sergio Barbati
    Participant

As others said it is a configuration thing on the bike’s programming. I had the exact same issue you described here.
    Quickshifter should work without the need to roll off the throttle.
    When I took my bike for the tank recall and explained the issue to my dealer and he struggled away knew it wasn’t programmed properly.
    I think the 600 miles and first service thing is your dealer not being helpful really. The manual doesn’t not saying anything about that. Unless I’ve missed it.
    Go back and make them fix it for you.

Max Kool
    Participant

And the weirdest part is, I bought mine privately at 580 miles and I’m sure the first owner never went back to the dealer for a first service. I did that myself. And the quickshifter works just fine…

SvePil
    Participant

I had qs right out of the box. Vit 2020.

jaysgarage
    Participant

My quick shifter still doesn’t work and my clutch failed while riding.  The slave was replaced, but the clutch wouldn’t fully disengage when the lever was fully pulled.  It went back in for them to look at and also check the quick shifter. (Which has never worked). The dealer says the bike has to “learn” the quick shifter, and they have now had my bike since July 15th to do this “learning…”. The bike has basically been with the dealer since it’s first service.

vit_dk
    Participant

The stuff the dealers says- bike does not have to “learn” anything. What should it be learning?
    And how? By reading a book or what 🙂

Quickshift is just a switch that cuts off the ignition when the gearlever is used.
    And some software that tells, for how many milliseconds the ignition is cut off, depending on gear and rpms.
    If the clutch isn’t fully disengaged, maybe this can affect the QS?

Dealers can only spend reasonable time to fix your bike. I guess they have past that point, with your bike.

jaysgarage
    Participant

I’m told my bike is finally fixed (multiple recalls later) and will be returning shortly.  We shall see if the quick shifter finally works.  I purchased this bike new in November of 2019 (one of the first 2020 blue and white models in my area) and have only had the bike in my possession for less than a few months, just barely over the miles for a first service.  Between the quick shifter and all of the recalls, I hope to have this one finally sorted out.

jaysgarage
    Participant

Update, almost 2 years later and the bike seems to be sorted out.  After multiple recalls and quick shifter issues, the bike now works as it was intended.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.