Vitpilen quickshifter issues

• This topic has 26 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by AvatarSH.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anyone disconnect the battery and lost there quickshifter??

Participant

no but I would check the fuse box

Participant

Sorry for the hijack, but do you have to roll off the throttle to quick shift on this bike?

NampusNampus
    Participant

No need to lift the throttle. The whole purpose of the quickshifter is to be able to shift without using the clutch and lifting the throttle.

Participant

Maybe it’s because I’m not revving it over 6k or driving very aggressively, but it won’t quick shift unless I very briefly roll off the throttle.

Participant

I should mention I’m breaking in the bike so I’m not driving it very hard at all.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

I can’t remember when I was in break in period, whether I had issues quick shifting due to revs or not. But I definitely don’t have to back off when shifting, usually it’s smoother to be accelerating or holding speed.

Participant

Perhaps I’m not using enough force… when using the clutch and shifting up or down it’s smooth and easy to shift, but auto downshifts require a bit of force.  Perhaps I need more force shifting up without the clutch.  This is the first quick shifter I’ve ever used so I’m just feeling it out.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

Yeah I would say it needs a tad more force, it isn’t as smooth as having the clutch in. And downshifting from second to first is always a bit harder I have found.

But the main thing I have noticed myself is when accelerating I maintain my throttle to shift up, and try not to back off. And the firmer and quicker you shift the easier it is. Took a little while to get used to it myself, I think it might have gotten easier after break in period, could be because I was riding harder, now that you mention it.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

“And the firmer and quicker you shift the easier it is.”

Agreed. Ride slowly and the quickshifter doesn’t know that well what to do. Be in a hurrry and it works fine is my experience.

Participant

Thanks everyone!!  I’ll give it a go.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I wish that the quickshifter was available for the 401.

I have noticed that the gearbox on my 401 has improved in shift quality and ease of use as it gets broken in during the initial riding period up to the first service. Maybe yours will too, including the quickshift operation?

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Well, I have a bike with a quickshifter (Vit 701), and a bike without (FTR1200SRR).The difference is not that dramatic imho. It’s nice to have, but that’s about it.

Participant

I went out and tried the quick-shifter again and it didn’t work.  I called the dealership and the tech said it could just be tight and needs to be broken in.  I picked up a 2020 Ducati Monster 1200s last week and it’s quick-shifter makes me think something might be wrong with the 701’s.

Participant

When you say it didn’t work, do you mean you are getting false neutrals or not shifting at all?

If you’re getting false neutrals, you might want to adjust the position of the shift lever (page 215 of the owner’s manual). The throw of the shift lever is kind of long so, in my case, lowering the shift lever fixed the false neutrals.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by AvatarNeoRetro.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.