Vitpilen now / Svartpilen later ?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by AvatarLoki.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Love the looks of both bikes but riding position is important for me due to a back injury. I’ve heard the Svartpilen is going to have a higher and wider bars with a more upright seating position and didn’t know if the extra wind blast would be a problem as I don’t know how the leaning position on the Vitpilen is for my back yet

( haven’t had a test ride)

KTM dealers are non-existant here but am looking in Ohio for a purchase let me know about your dealer problems or love and share about the riding position on the bike as well any advice is appreciated.

QwandreeQwandree

Riding ergos for the vit are slightly aggressive. It’s not crazy or anything but I have a back injury from a bike crash 10 years ago and I definitely feel it. Much more than on my other 2 bikes I have currently. Raising the bars in any way requires changing out the triple as the clip ons are integrated into it.

Participant

My local dealer(Saltire Edinburgh) had a demo day today. I’m collecting a Svartpilen 401 next week but took the opportunity to ride all three models. The 701 riding position didnt feel as extreme as it looks and once on the move quite comfortable.

Participant

Purchased a Vitpilen as the dealer (in Colchester, UK) told me the only real difference between the Vit/Svart is going to be colour scheme and the handlebars are going to be triple clamps (Svart) instead of the posts (Vit).  This will let you change the Svart handlebars to say dirt bike with a wider grip versus the Vit is non-moveable.  So there could be a slight difference in ergonomics or able to change ergonomics with a higher riding position, but I find the Vit is great just around town and ~100 km jaunts.

My only comment on the Svart with the clips on is that some people complain with that big one cylinder that there would be more vibration in the handlebars versus the Vit where it is all locked together.  I am not sure if true as never had experience with singles (my first single) but people say you can definitely feel more vibration in clip ons versus integrated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.