August 30, 2019 at 2:36 am #12283
August 30, 2019 at 10:26 am #12284elbastosParticipant
- After multiple attempts to find the right bars I have found ones that are just a couple inches above stock for those of us that find the stock setup uncomfortable. Woodcraft 3in risers
Any issue regarding hose / cable length? I am considering upgrading from a 401 Svart 401 to a 701 Vit by the end of the year and that would definitely be considering this option.
Cheers,August 30, 2019 at 1:34 pm #12287
There is just barely enough slack in the wires and cables.
When I installed I pulled too hard and disconnected the starter switch. I had to take off the headlight to fix.August 30, 2019 at 3:07 pm #12288August 30, 2019 at 5:08 pm #12290elbastosParticipant
There are 2 reasons why I would go for the 701 vit rather than the svart:
– I find that the vit looks better – I do not like the front fender design on the svart, nor the right side plate. Someone on the forum mentioned that he could not wait for the svart back in 2018 so he bought a vitpilen, a raised handlebar kit and some more accessories…the result looks way better than the stock 701 svart imo (just a quartion of taste though).
– Around my area there are quite a few good deals on demo bikes with low mileage with alraedy the first service done and still 1 1/2 year warranty that is still extendable. You can find a 2018 vit for around 8.000 euros, probably a bit less by the end of the summer, or on 2019 models. I did not find yet any comparable deals on recent svarts.
All in all, with the trade in from my current 401 and potentially also my scooter that I do not use any more, I could end up with an almost new 701 vit for as low as 4.000 euros, which leaves a bit of spare cash to buy some accessories.
August 30, 2019 at 6:35 pm #12292rlarueParticipant
- This reply was modified 2 years ago by elbastos.
That makes sense, especially with the demo deals. I was looking at the 701 Svart and thinking it’d be easier to trim away the fairings to simplify it like a Vit rather than taking a Vit and making it ride like a Svart. Good luck with the trade and conversion.September 2, 2019 at 4:29 pm #12316GorDataParticipant
Can you post the exact model you picked up? I am very interested in your approach.September 2, 2019 at 5:13 pm #12317September 7, 2019 at 6:47 pm #12406itsnichoParticipant
post front pictures of the bike please! i was also looking into doing the svart bars so im exploring this optionOctober 4, 2019 at 2:01 am #24355CurseParticipant
I would just suggest to do this instead much easier IMONovember 24, 2019 at 4:54 pm #25712Luwys007Participant
@iwatchpaintdry808 where did you find the Svartpilen upper triple tree ? i am really looking to convert my barsAugust 21, 2020 at 8:05 pm #31411
can you post more pics please I’m thinking of cutting my but triple clamp but the bolt screw position is awkward and may not provide enough space for riser.
annoyed that the triple clamp provide the Mount for the headlight so I can’t really replace it with ktm 390 clamps
may have to resort to svartpilen clampAugust 21, 2020 at 10:45 pm #31425August 30, 2020 at 6:59 pm #31578
was there suppose to some photos attached to your last reply? can you try posting againAugust 30, 2020 at 7:00 pm #31579
looking to see if its possible to just cut the Vitpilen triple clamp, and I think it will fit with 10mm Woodcraft spacer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.