Vitpilen clipon Risers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    1. After multiple attempts to find the right bars I have found ones that are just a couple inches above stock for those of us that find the stock setup uncomfortable. Woodcraft 3in risers 
    Participant

Looks nice.

Any issue regarding hose / cable length? I am considering upgrading from a 401 Svart 401 to a 701 Vit by the end of the year and that would definitely be considering this option.

Cheers,

Participant

Thanks @elbastos.

There is just barely enough slack in the wires and cables.

When I installed I pulled too hard and disconnected the starter switch. I had to take off the headlight to fix.

rlaruerlarue
    Participant

@elbastos I’m curious why you wouldn’t just upgrade to a 701 Svartpilen?

Participant

Hi,

There are 2 reasons why I would go for the 701 vit rather than the svart:

– I find that the vit looks better – I do not like the front fender design on the svart, nor the right side plate. Someone on the forum mentioned that he could not wait for the svart back in 2018 so he bought a vitpilen, a raised handlebar kit and some more accessories…the result looks way better than the stock 701 svart imo (just a quartion of taste though).

– Around my area there are quite a few good deals on demo bikes with low mileage with alraedy the first service done and still 1 1/2 year warranty that is still extendable. You can find a 2018 vit for around 8.000 euros, probably a bit less by the end of the summer, or on 2019 models. I did not find yet any comparable deals on recent svarts.

All in all, with the trade in from my current 401 and potentially also my scooter that I do not use any more, I could end up with an almost new 701 vit for as low as 4.000 euros, which leaves a bit of spare cash to buy some accessories.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatarelbastos.
    rlaruerlarue
    Participant

That makes sense, especially with the demo deals. I was looking at the 701 Svart and thinking it’d be easier to trim away the fairings to simplify it like a Vit rather than taking a Vit and making it ride like a Svart. Good luck with the trade and conversion.

Participant

Can you post the exact model you picked up? I am very interested in your approach.

Participant

Woodcraft 3" Risers w/clipons

itsnichoitsnicho
    Participant

post front pictures of the bike please! i was also looking into doing the svart bars so im exploring this option

Participant

I would just suggest to do this instead much easier IMO

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Husqvarna-Vitpilen-401-ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebar-Kit

Participant

@iwatchpaintdry808 where did you find the Svartpilen upper triple tree ? i am really looking to convert my bars

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.