Vitpilen Breakdown – But Great After Care

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So I bought a new Vitpilen 701. Love the style, the performance given its light weight etc. First proper ride-out 24 hrs later and it broke down 2 hrs from home. Had taken the day off with my Mrs, she was riding her 390 Duke as we are getting her back in the saddle after a near miss a a few years ago. Anyway, basically the negative battery terminal had broken inside and hence a complete loss of electric – it was a battery issue rather than the bike itself. Apparently the UK rep told Gear 4 he has seen a small number of bikes with this issue, so perhaps a dodgy batch of batteries. The stinker was the complete lack of service from the RAC, who Husqvarna outsource their breakdown work too. Very poor comms, not informative, excessive waiting times – I told them it would not be a repair at the roadside and the bike would need recovering; they ignored me, sent a roadside repair service anyway so then had to wait again for the recovery vehicle. I was relayed three times, watching my bike being manhandled on and off 3 recovery vehicles. I am fussy and had to supervise the strapping down of the bike otherwise it would undoubtedly be covered in strap marks. It took them over 12 hrs to get me home, finally walking through my door at gone 1.00 am! The best piece of advice from the RAC at the first relay stop was that they would get me a taxi home if I could find somebody at the services, presumably the filling station assistant, who I could give my bike and the key to who could then hand both over to the next recovery vehicle when it arrived. Really? I didn’t fancy handing my one day old bike and key to a stranger with no contractual obligation!

What I would say is the Gear 4 and Husqvarna UK have been absolutely fantastic post incident. They have gone above and beyond what anyone could reasonably expect them to do to rectify my experience.

On an aside, I was told Friday morning about the tank recall, but hey ho.

Gear 4 are a great dealership if you are thinking of buying a KTM or Husqvarna bike.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I’m glad you had a good experience at Gear4, I bought my bike from there too, but I didn’t have a great experience. Some things went well, price was good, people were friendly. But bike prep was poor. I guess its possible to have a good or bad experience at most dealerships. I get my bike serviced at CPS Hinckley, and I can’t recommend them highly enough.

Participant

Shame to hear about that Vanessa. I am hoping my experience with the Vitpilen and Gear 4 is a good one longer term…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.