Vitpilen 701 of Olive850 [FRANCE]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Here are some pictures of my new Vitpilen 701, bought few days ago.

I bought this model for technical reasons, mainly the weight and the “small” power. My previous bike (GSX-R1000R 2018, 202hp) was perfect to hit 300 km/h but to powerfull/expensive to be used correctly in my new area (Est of France, near Germany/Switzerland) and I was looking for something fun, light, with good handling…

After a test ride, I was convinced that this kinf of bike with 75hp is enough to have a lot of fun in curves and be as fast as a hypersport could be (and probably even faster).

So, here we are, me presenting pictures of my new bike (the 11th in 9 years) :

I will make very small modifications, majority of my money and time will be used to enjoy it in moutains road šŸ™‚

– exhaust
    – handlebar mirrors OK
    – termal band (not sure)
    – yellow rims decals (don’t know which model)

1st modification : handlebar mirrors. The look is much better, in line with the design of the bike.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by AvatarOlive850.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by AvatarOlive850.
    QwandreeQwandree

You made a great choice. This bike handles like a dream and the weight is fantastic. And is about 50 times more comfortable. If you want to drop more the big weight gains are from battery and cat.

Did you keep the gixxer? Iā€™m very interested how you find the handling on the street compared to the r1000r …

Participant

Loosing the cat is not so good in my opinion, because you lose the belly pan :/

Talking about comfort, I’m not sure the Vitpilen is better than the GSX-R1000R (with Gixxer protection is better, no vibrations,…).

I sold the Suzuki 5 months ago, I don’t have money/time/space to have too many vehicles, but it was very pleasant to drive and the mix look/colors/sound was incredible…

My daily is a BMW 320XD break (F31) and I have also a Honda S2000 for the WE šŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by AvatarOlive850.
    Participant

New small modification… Not sure of the final look when the headlight is ON, I will check this tomorrow during a ride šŸ˜‰

Participant

New pics of the headlight : looks terrible when parked, and still very good when lights are on.

Very happy of the result, I hope it will last a little bit and not to take off during first wash/rain…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.