Vitpilen 701 from Bordeaux, France

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    HugoHugo
    Participant

Hi there !

Saw this gallery and thought I’d join you and share my recently owned Vitpilen 701 🙂 2018 model, bought it from a guy who barely rode it in two years (it only had 8000 km). I got it a week ago, but I managed to add another 1000 km, riding in Bordeaux (France) and around (trips to the beach are the best with this bike!).

This bike is crazy fun, I had an MT-03 660 from Yamaha for 3 years and it was already great, but man this one is on another level! Can’t wait to ride it all year long! Plus the community seems super nice on this forum.

As you can see on the pics, it’s completely stock (except for the mirrors), but I ordered the Arrow exhaust and should get it at the end of the month. I’m also thinking of the handlebars conversion thing just because I’m used to a more “supermoto” position, if anyone has done it I’d be glad to get some feedback 🙂

Cheers!

Vitpilen 701 in Bordeaux at nightJust flexing for a while, don't mind me

NampusNampus
    Participant

Cool photos!

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

^^ yep very nice!

HugoHugo
    Participant

Thank you guys ! 🙂

Participant

I’m in Paris and just did the hi-bar change to my 701. It’s much better in the city, not hugely different on the open road with perhaps a few more vibes. If you like the supermoto style you won’t regret the investment!

HugoHugo
    Participant

Il y a une sacrée commu Fr sur ce forum ! But let’s keep this in English so non french-speaking folks can also understand: thanks for the feedback, good to know!

I read some stuff about cables being too short and turn radius getting reduced when making that change, how did it go for you? Did you go with this mod https://www.bikermart.co.uk/Husqvarna-Vitpilen-701-ABM-Superbike-Fat-Bar-Handlebar-Kit or some other one?

Participant

Je suis un anglais à Paris… I did go with the ABM kit – it looks fantastic! It’s just about ok with the original cables, a bit tight on left-hand turns but I’ve not had any issues when riding. You do lose the steering lock though.

Participant

J’aime bien ton style de photo

J’ai découvert aussi récemment la Pilen je peux plus m’en passer !!! même kilométrage que la tienne ca envoie comme il faut et on ne s’en lasse pas.

I like your style of photography

I also recently discovered the Pilen, I can’t do without  this bike !!! the same mileage as yours,

it s so cool to ride and you never get tired of it.

Participant

Qu’est ce qui te plait pas avec les demis guidons d’origine ? Je trouve la position de conduite super cool comme ça

What’s wrong with the original handlebar ? I think the riding position looks really cool like this.

HugoHugo
    Participant

@augerment > Oh great, that’s even cooler! Hope you’re having a good time there 🙂 Thanks for the quick feedback, I’ll look a bit more into it, even though the loss off steering lock is kind of a bummer to me…

@Olivier > je vais tout faire en Anglais haha, pas trop la foi de faire des doublons, mais je note l’effort 👏🏻 thanks a lot! I know right, the addiction is really growing on me too, such a crazy experience!

I’m also clearly getting used to the position, and it does look better that way, but I’m a bit worried about the long term discomfort, as I ride basically 365 days a year and plan to do kind of long trips with this bike. But that’s why I’m just collecting infos for now, I’ll see how it goes with time but I’m at least happy to see that solutions exists in case I’d like to change.

NampusNampus
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If you decide the bars are to low, you could check out these:</p>
    https://www.gillestooling.com/produkte/lenkersysteme/variobar-verstellbare-stummellenker/2840/lenkererhoehung-kit-35-mm-schwarz#

They keep the appearance closer to the original design, while still offering more comfort.

Participant

@Hugo > here’s the new look. I prefer it but I guess it’s a matter of taste. It put’s much less weight on the wrists so more comfortable if you’re riding for more than 30 minutes.

HugoHugo
    Participant

@Nampus > That looks like a great compromise! Kinda expensive for what it is though, and I’m not a big fan of the weird “pointy stairs” look, so I’ll see if I can find any similar product, but thanks a lot for sharing the idea, I might actually go for it!

@augerment
    > Nice look, I do think it looks cool too. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience 🙂

NampusNampus
    Participant

@Hugo

Same principle but without the pointy stairs look:

https://husqvarna.motobike.co.at/de/newsbeitrag-vitpilen-701-lenkererhoehung-168708#gallery-2

HugoHugo
    Participant

@Nampus

You sir/mam are a true angel haha, thanks for taking the time to search and share it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.