Vitpilen 701 break-in oil

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Frederik95
    Participant

Hi!

Does anyone know what engine oil type a Vitpilen 701 comes with from the factory?

I wonder since the users manual recommends a full synthetic oil, and i have heard that a full synthetic oil is not suitable for breaking in a new engine.

Finally – do you have any break-in tips that you have succeeded with?

Best regards

Frederik

ChibbMD
    Participant

My guess is that they use the recommended oil straight from the factory, not something different.  I don’t mean to get on a soap box, but I think everyone over thinks oil.  Personally, I don’t think it matters a bit what’s in there, and I highly doubt the oil is going to cause any harm.

Max Kool
    Participant

Lots of opinions on breaking in an engine. One thing we all agree on is to vary the load and revs of the engine and avoid highway droning.

Country rides, canyons…

Satur9
    Participant

i don’t think they use the motorex power synth. From factory. I say this because my shifting is worse after first oil change. I’m wondering if cross power(dirt version) may be better for tranny

Max Kool
    Participant

I wonder if cross power is actually different from the power synth apart from the label…

Dark
    Participant

saturn9
    The same thing happens to me, but I think it’s due to the poor quality of the clutch.
    I don’t know if it will happen to you, but when I change to 6 times it gives me jerks …
    Apart from the fact that the change has become hard and very rough.

Frederik95
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for all the answers. Had a great first ride yesterday (with a lot of gear changes and varying RPM between 2500 and 6000).

Best regards

Frederik

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.