Vitpilen 701 ABS dongle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

As some of you may have already found out, someone on the other forum tried a KTM ABS dongle on his Vit 701, and lo and behold it worked!

– ABS and TC switches work just like before, except the bike now remembers the setting between bike starts. Remove the key with TC disabled, come back a day later, start the bike and TC is still disabled. Same with ABS.

– It does not enable offroad ABS mode(s).

– It displays “Not legal” in the dash upon bike start, and you can start your bike immediately (no need to press a button or anything for a few seconds).

KTM part no 60312953500

Participant

Hey Max, I’m having trouble with my ABS dongle. For some reason mine doesn’t remember the last setting for TC once the bike has been switched off. Are you doing anything special to make this work? My only gripe with this bike is turning the TC off every time to enable wheelie mode. 😉

Edit: I have a ’19 Svartpilen

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Nope, I switched off TC back in November when I plugged the dongle in, and has been off since. I do have a Vitpilen though, not a Svartpilen…

So basically yours does nothing @kmontagne141 ?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Max KoolMax Kool.
    • This reply was modified 6 months ago by Max KoolMax Kool.
    Participant

So far, yes. Mine has done absolutely nothing. I did just click over 620 miles though. Maybe after break in it will work. I’ll keep you posted.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by AvatarKyle.
    Participant

I’m curious if this would work on my 2020 Svartpilen 701. I have yet to be successful in disabling ABS (TC works as intended). I even emailed KTM/Husky directly and they just kept redirecting me to the manual on how to disable TC and eventually stopped replying when I insisted that I was talking about ABS… My manual makes no mention of ABS at all.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I haven’t heard of anyone that was able to disable the ABS on a Svart yet, but the fact that this dongle doesn’t work on the Svart is a bit sad….

Participant

I was pretty bummed it didn’t work. My bike is getting the break in service done this coming Tuesday so maybe after that it will change. Maybe once the ECU has the restrictions removed for shift light, etc. (during break in) the dongle will function as intended. Fingers crossed.

Participant

Yeah, it makes absolutely no sense that their “tracker” version of the bike can’t disable ABS.

Participant

Well, It’s confirmed. I had the 600 mile service performed and no matter what I do the ABS dongle does NOT function on my ’19 Svartpilen. It doesn’t remember previous TC setting or seem to affect the ABS in any way. The only thing it succeeds in doing is throwing the “Not Legal” warning code. Really bummed this doesn’t seem to work. So until something else comes along, I guess I’m manually turning TC off every time I ride.

Participant

Max you tried part# 60312953500 on your Vitpilen 701. What year Vitpilen? I know that part number is for an Adventure KTM model.

Has anyone tried the Husqvarna 701 ABS Dongle Part #27012953000
    https://aomc.mx/27012953000.html

Thanks Zach
    2020 Vitpilen 701

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I have a 2018 Vitpilen.

Participant

Thanks Max. My local KTM Husqvarna dealer has the Husqvarna 701 ABS Dongle Part #27012953000 in stock. They said they would let me test it out this week. I’ll report back.

The part number Max used is discontinued but it can be found. There’s the Husky Part# above and a new KTM 790 etc one. If I can try both the Husky and the new KTM one I will.

Zach

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Oh that’s great they just let you test it. Keep us posted.

Participant

Zach,

Any update on this? Hope it went well for you

-GK

QuinnQuinn
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.