Vitpilen 401 Tank Pads – Anyone used them

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

The Vitpilen 701 really benefits from the dark grey “701” tank pads to liven up the tank. However, I’ve never seen a picture of a 401 sporting the tanks pads with the Husqvarna logo. Has anyone got any photos? I’m torn between whether it would liven up the tank or just look daft on a white tank.

rod frostrod frost
    Participant

I put knee pads on the sides (R&G)

JohnnyLightningJohnnyLightning
    Participant

Although they’re a little heavy, I personally like them. They’re beveled around the edge so they finish off the tank’s hard edge nicely imo.

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/weight-loss-program/page/3/#post-1888

Participant

Cheers Johnny. I do think the pads look good on the black tank plastics on the Vitpilen, or on the standard Svartpilen. I guess I’ll be blazing a trail if I try them on the stock white tank. 🙂

MidnaiteMidnaite
    Participant

Not sure if you’re talking of the tank protection or pad, my svartpilen has both

I have the RG on mine, and it improve the control on the bike way much!

Participant

I’m talking about these: https://www.moto4.co.uk/new-products/new-products/tank-pad-crash-bobbin-401-vitpilen-svartpilen-18-on/

I might have to get an R&G rad guard soon as Evotech’s won’t be ready for a couple of months, so I’ll certainly check out the R&G tank protection.

MidnaiteMidnaite
    Participant

that’s the ones I have on mine, you can see it if you zoom on my picture

bettercallpaulbettercallpaul
    Participant

Hi Tim, check out my instapage to see how they look @paul_vanml

I can say i like them a lot!

Participant

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. The photos on there were worth installing Instagram for.  🙂

To be honest I’d seen your painted bike in the Gallery thread when I was deciding what bike to go for and your bike made me decide to go with the 401. I have the photo stored on my desktop and use it for inspiration. I hope you wouldn’t be upset if I paint my bike the same colour in due course – it does look superb.

If I do paint the bike I will definitely go with the tank pads. However, what I’ve been searching for in vain is a picture of the stock white Vitpilen with the tank pads. I’ve seen them on Svartpilens and on the two-tone Vitpilen but no-one seems to have put them on the white Vitpilen.

Participant
    MidnaiteMidnaite
    Participant

That’s the ones I have on mine

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.