vitpilen 401 exhaust

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kungfupoulet 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

omit
    Participant

Does anyone knows how to lose the DP killer in the exhaust? I’ve been searching for a solution to make my bike a little bit louder but I’ve still haven’t found an answer…

I prefer to keep the original exhaust because of the looks of it.

phishbed
    Keymaster

Were you able to dissect your stock exhaust?

omit
    Participant

Yes I did, I’ve drilled through the rivets en was possible to pull the exhaust apart.
    the next thing I did was to grind the DB-killer out (this one is welded tot the exhaust). when your careful enough you can only remove the weld en don’t damage the outer parts of the exhaust.

the one problem I had was the inner wool… once the exhaust is dissected you won’t be able to put the wool back.

the sound the exhaust makes isn’t that loud (you still have a major mid damper what will filter enough noise out).

the other thing you can do is to buy a ackropovic from a KTM duk 390, they have the same engine and frame.

phishbed
    Keymaster

The Akrapovic for the 401 Vitpilen/Svartpilen is expected to be released in the US around June 8. http://AOMC.mx/28505999000.html We’ll have this listed on our forum store very soon.

Edit: Now listed in our store https://vitpilenforum.com/product/akrapovic-slip-on-exhaust-husqvarna-401-vitpilen-svartpilen/

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  phishbed. Reason: Posting link to 401 Akrapovic

omit
    Participant

yes, I have seen the muffler. In the Netherlands it is already available…
    The only problem I have with this one is that I don’t like the looks of it.

It doesn’t look like a traditional exhaust form akrapovic…

The best thing to do is change the whole exhaust, then the complete bike will be lighter and the performance improve.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  omit.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  omit.

Are
    Participant

I’m waiting for SC Project to release something in the direction of their XSR700 systems. Love the raw and minimalistic approach.

XSR700 SC Project

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Are.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Are.

Travis
    Participant

That SC exhaust is GORGEOUS

Tonkotsu
    Participant

Gorgeous indeed!

jerd
    Participant

Anyone ever get one of theĀ ackropovic exhausts on? Wondering if its worth it. Could definitely use some more volume on my svart

Aerthyen
    Participant

I’m curious as well, but 650ā‚¬ seems really expensive for a slip-on.

Tonkotsu
    Participant

I opted for the cat delete, cheap and easy enough. The sound really improved, bike is lighter and look cleaner as well. Even a friend with an mt07 noticed how nice is the sound for a little single.

omit
    Participant

I’ve deleted the cat and the inside of the last exhaust (only only still functional is the middle one).

The sound is quiet loud wen you open the throttle and go to higher revs but wen you ride just normal the sound nice deep.

It was quiet some work to get the exhaust how I wanted it (full stock looking but good sound).

kungfupoulet
    Participant

I’ve personally opted for the Akra. Not really louder but it gives a deeper tone to the bike. It’s still a bit muffled full throttle. I’m also gonna go for the cat delete to free up the sound a bit more without going no db-killer.

IMO not exactly worth the 600ā‚¬ asked for the Akra but the built quality is very gweeed. I’m also thinking resale value for the bike when the day arrives. I can’t speak for the other brands though, I almost went to the LV-10 from Leo Vince but the racy only use put me off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.