Vitpilen 2020 VS 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I need your help!!

what is the difference between 2020 and 2019 models?

I have noticed, there will be no passenger seat for 2020 or this is an option.

what colors available?

cheers.

Participant

2020 gets spokes.  I’ve seen most pics of it as a solo bike.  Maybe they think they’ll sell more parts for conversion that way.

Participant

I thought it was just colour and spokes.

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

Color  ( blue&white), spoke wheels. Rear seat cowl and passenger peg delete

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Satur9Satur9.
    NampusNampus
    Participant

As said above, but as far as I know, you get the passenger seat and passenger pegs with the bike. You don’t have to pay extra for these.

The 2020 comes with Cnc pegs for the rider instead of the rubber covered ones used on the 2019.

And apparently the camshaft has been revised for reduced vibrations.

Participant

Just to make it clear, the bike will be available only for one color Blue & white.

also, the passenger seat along with pegs will be provided with the bike.

Thank you all, I appreciate you replays.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Actually I wouldn’t want the spoked wheels. They look out of style on a modern bike this is imho, are a b*tch to keep clean, and weigh a few kg’s more too….

but that’s just my opinion of course.

Participant

100% agree I don’t like the spoked wheels at least for this bike. The new color is beautiful though.

Participant

It’s also worth mentioning that the pre 2020 Vitpilen was built in Austria… the new ones are being made in India by Bajaj.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

701’s too? I didn’t know that.

Participant

Honestly don’t know. My dealer confirmed that the 401’s are being imported from India for the 2020+ model but he hasn’t mentioned the 701’s. Ballsy move but viable, since the dukes are being made there anyways. I don’t want to question the quality of Bajaj but i am sceptical about that decision honestl.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by AvatarHusqy_401.
    Participant

Just check the VIN. 701 is still made in Austria

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Not so sure Bajaj could make the 701 quality any worse, what with the leaking clutch slave diluting the engine oil with clutch fluid, and the leaking plastic fuel tanks with no fix in sight. Austrian quality anyone?

Participant

model comparison

It is an overlapped image of 2018 and 2020 svartpilen 401.

I wonder if you could notice easily the differences on design.

There are some other changes I’ve heard.

Narrower handlebar, Adjustable front suspension(damping and rebounding), Some cheaper parts like brake reserve tanks, cross bar, several bolts.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by AvatarRider_Kim.
    Participant

As I have a 2020 Vitpilen 401, I can confirm that the front suspension is adjustable (not the case with pre-2020) and it has Easy Shift (clutchless shifting). I obviously felt it was worth it to wait until the new model came out; I personally prefer to have the first year of a newly redesigned model than the last year of a previous design. When it comes to potentially selling the 401, people will, in my opinion, want the adjustable suspension and quickshift.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.