Vit701 Extended Warrenty Thoughts ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Greetings everyone,

Mike here, new to the Vitpilen 701 Forum, hailing from South Central PA just outside Gettysburg.  Glad to be here.  Two days ago I bit the bullet and put my deposit on a new 2019 Vit 701 at a Husky dealier down in Waynesboro, VA.  If all goes well, the boy will make his way to his new home before the end of the year.  Can’t wait… This ride has been calling my name ever since I first set eyes……. damn !

OK, so here’s the question.  What do folks think about extended warrenties for a Vit?  My understanding is that the fuel/evap system comes with a 5-year and the rest 2yr/24k miles.  My normal inclination is to say bag any extended warrenty, especially at the prices dealers ask.  The guys at Waynesboro are offering a Zurich Vehicle Service Contract, extends to 5yrs, unlimited miles, transferrable, blah blah blah…. but at what I think is a heafty price.

So what are your thoughts?  What would you do?  If so, who would you go with and how much would you spend for 5yrs of coverage?  I have limited experience with warrenties like this so I’m all ears….

If anyone is interested, the shop, Wayne Cycle, still has smoking great deals on their final two new 2019 701’s through the end of the year – one Vit and one Svart.  Their asking price, plus delivery and activation, $6599!  Check em out.

Thanks and ride on…….  M

NampusNampus
    Participant

Don’t know if it’s any different in the USA, but here in several European countries, we get 2 years factory warranty. If you keep it dealer serviced according to the maintenance schedule, you can extend that warranty up to a maximum of 12 years or 80k km’s (whichever comes first)

You can buy this extension at any time as long as the bike is still under warranty and dealers serviced. So you can ride it for nearly years, and then decide if you want to extend your warranty with another 2 years. And so on every two years until you reach 12 years or 80k km’s.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by NampusNampus.
    DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Hey Nampus……. thanks buddy.  Yes, so 2-year is what comes with the bike here in the States as well.  Interesting, so Husky offers to extend before the end of Yr 2, eh? In that case, why would I want to plop down any money here and now?

I’ll inquire on this point when I pick up the bike this upcoming weekend.  I’ve already told them no thank you for now for any added warrenty and they confirmed that the Zurich product can be purchased at any time before the end of the 2-yr warrenty period.  I like the idea of pushing this off to when it makes more sense……

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You’re lucky about getting the option to extend the 2 year manufacturers warranty simply by getting the bike serviced at an official Husqvarna dealer. Here in the UK, we are not offered such a possibility. For some reason KTM UK won’t offer it and won’t say why. It sucks quite frankly. We just get the 2 years and then that’s that. Personally I’d take any extended warranty that is offered by the OEM, but not so sure about third party ‘insurance scheme’ warranties though, as I’ve found it much more difficult to get them to pay up if anything goes wrong, and the ‘small print’ usually is full of clauses allowing them to shirk coughing up.

I’d read the Zurich policy VERY carefully before paying for it.

NampusNampus
    Participant

Here is the bit from the Husky website:

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/service/extended-warranty/

DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Thx Nampus……. clarifies.  Beyond Europe also noticably absent.  I’ll post back after speaking with the dealer on pickup. U.S. here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.