visiting from the Vitpilen page

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Aerthyen 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Scott Emm
    Participant

Hey Svarts,

It seems like almost all of us are having issues with the bike shutting off when you blip down a gear.  It seems to be from 4th to 3rd the most but we have seen in 3rd to 2nd as well.  I can only assume you guys/girls are having the same issue ya?

xex
    xex
    Participant

Hey fellow Svart, I have not had this issue so far (knock on wood). My Svart is euro spec and has little over 3000km.

jerd
    Participant

Havent had this issue yet and hopefully wont ever. Still in the break in period with US svart

galavoxx
    Participant

No issue here in the U.S. I just passed 1000kms on mine.

ultramaroon
    Participant

This has happened to me on my svart a few times in ~800 miles and I was downshifting probably 4-3 (I was decelerating to probably around ~30mph). The first time it happened, I wondered if I’d stalled it somehow. At any rate, I was able to pull the clutch in and start the bike up again and continue on my way each time this happened. It hasn’t happened in a while so hopefully it doesn’t resurface but I do think about it in the back of my mind while I’m riding to look out for it and know what to do if it happens..

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  ultramaroon.

MaineRider
    Participant

Have not had this issue. Im well past the break-in period on mine. Lets hope this is isolated!

Heisenberg
    Heisenberg
    Participant

Hey Scott,

No, this has not happened with me. But I am still in the break-in phase and maybe only 500 kilometres to date.

Since you wrote this over a month ago, has anything changed? Has it stopped doing this?

Although it may be isolated, it would be good to know what you have done if anything; and what the dealer has done, if anything to resolve.

At what point did it start? During break-in or after or both?

Any details you have may be of interest.

thanks.

ThemSheeps
    ThemSheeps
    Participant

About 2000 km on the Svart, and I have not experienced that yet.

darrell
    Participant

Have you talked with your Dealer? the bike has a 2year warranty.

I have also seen this within the breakin period of 620 miles.

Aerthyen
    Participant

Hello,

It’s been a while since you posted, but have a look up there :

https://vitpilenforum.com/forums/topic/engine-ecu-shut-downs/

Hop you find some useful infos.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Aerthyen.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.