Variable Error Codes, wont always start, Throttle not responding

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Got a 2020 Vitpilen last week new from a dealer. Rode for ~200km to get it home, then another 40km to a friend’s place. Once I tried to leave, the bike would not start and gave ABS FAILURE, then CAN FAILURE. Trouble is, it never seems to have the same problem twice in a row now. Sometimes I get the above error codes and it will not start, sometimes it just has the check engine light and will start, but the throttle will not respond at all, and sometimes I get no error codes and it simply will not start.

I’ve had the battery checked and charged, and the battery techs have assured me that the battery holds a load and is charged. The dealership is the aforementioned 200km away, but they have been trying to work with me to trouble shoot where I am at, and they seem convinced it is a battery issue. I’ve also tried tightening the screws on the starter relay like is suggested on a lot of these threads to no avail.

Is the Vitpilen so finicky that it needs an absolutely pristine battery just to run and does anyone have some early advice?

Satur9Satur9
    Participant

I think one person here got his dash replaced. And another had a short somewhere in the harness. I would have the dealer start there.

Participant

So got a new battery from the dealer, and there was no difference. Decided to check the fuses, and all of them were fine. Gave it one last try and the bike fired up. I was able to get it home, but the check engine light is still on. Still scratching my head, but happy to finally have it home.

Participant

Gyug was you ever able to diagnose the problem. Im dealing with something similar with the throttle going out and malfunction light turning yellow. Did it 2 times at 475 miles and then I haven’t been able to replicate it. Drove it till ab 515s miles so far hasn’t happened again but im not confident. 

Participant

No I did not solve it. Once the bike got home, it would not start again. I took it to the dealer and they haven’t looked at it yet. Ill keep you posted if you want.

Participant

K thanks alot.mine is back to normal but I take it to dealership Tuesday for a diagnostic check so ill let ya kno if they find out why I lost throttle control.. I love my bike but a brand new bike should not have these issues.

Participant

Update: got the bike back on July 22nd. It was an issue with wiring harness, but it took a few weeks for the dealership to identify, order and replace it. Once it was put back together, there was a new set of error codes and it was a few days getting that fixed. All in all, the bike spent 9 weeks in shop. The dealer trucked the bike to me at no cost (which was about 250km) and Husqvarna sent a swag bag with a hat, mug, and progress watch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.