Vanessa’s Svartpilen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

OK, so yet another attempt to post a photo of my bike, here goes…How it looked when I picked it up from the dealer

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

Wow. this thing looks amazing looking like a upscale Super Moto how do you like the  fly screen ? this is what i want to do with my vit 401 but waiting to pull the trigger on the conversion kit since its pretty pricey..also are u in the US? reason i am asking is those turn signals look like the EURO stock !

geoguidegeoguide
    Participant

I love that bike. It’s so pretty. My 701 is awesome but I think if I got a second bike I’d consider the svart401 which seems crazy.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Hi guys, thanks for the sweet comments! Yeah it’s such a pretty bike, I really love the look. I would have bought one earlier but in stock form it was too tall for me. At last year’s Motorcycle Live bike show in Birmingham, one of the folks on the Husqvarna stand told me they would be bringing out an official lowering kit. So I waited a year, and they did. I’m glad I waited too, because the price dropped by £1600!!!

I got the dealer to fit the following accessories:

– Husqvarna replacement cast alloy wheels. I don’t like spoked wheels, so these beauties were a must and I love the look.

– Official lowering kit. Makes a huge difference for me as I’m not very tall, it meant I could actually buy and ride the bike. I like the lowered look too.

– Rekluse centrifugal clutch. This is an awesome mod, and covered by the manufacturer warranty too. I bought the bike to commute through the city where I live, to get to work. I live in the UK by the way, hence the bike has the cool indicators as stock, which is very lucky as I feel sorry for you US folks who get those awful-looking ones. Anyway, I heartily recommend the Rekluse clutch if you struggle with a manual clutch lever like I do. I have small hands and also suffer from joint problems so operating the manual clutch lever a lot gets painful when commuting through heavy traffic jams like I do.

– Official fly screen. I always fit fly screens to my bikes, I like the look, and they help deflect some of the wind blast. This Husqvarna one works quite well and I’m very happy with it.

– Duke 390 mirrors. I hate the silly round Mickey Mouse mirrors that come with the bike, they vibrate like mad and it’s next to impossible to see anything in them as they are too small, the wrong shape and don’t stick out far enough. When I test rode the dealer demo 401, I just couldn’t get on with the mirrors. The Duke 390 ones look better, don’t vibrate at all, and I can see much more behind me with them.

– Heated grips. The dealer fitted KTM heated grips for me, and they work brilliantly and are essential here in the UK as I ride all year and it gets really cold here. Can’t live without them.

– Roadlok. I bought the one in the Husqvarna accessories catalogue, and it cost £350. I wish I had bought it directly from Roadlok as they sell it for £200. Don’t understand why Husqvarna rip their customers off to the tune of £150. But I can recommend the Roadlok as it’s a brilliant piece of kit. So much easier than carrying round a heavy disk lock.

– Official engine guard parts. These look good and I prefer them to those big plastic aftermarket covers that some companies make. A pity the dealer scratched both engine covers when fitting them (shame on you Gear4).

– Husqvarna official rear luggage bag. This turned out to be a total waste of money. Very small, extremely fiddly and awkward to use, and rather dangerously it slowly drops down off the end of the bike until it obscures the rear light. No matter how much I tighten down the straps. I took it off and put it in it’s box. If anyone wants it, make me an offer. Removing it also meant I could attach the cool rear hoop, which I find very useful to hold when moving the bike around once I get off it.

I have done some more mods, and now I was able to post a photo successfully, I will post some more about those in other threads.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by VanessaVanessa.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I forgot about another dealer-fit mod. I got the rear pillion peg delete kit. Basically a new bracket for the exhaust that has no mounting for the RH pillion peg. The left peg is simply removed. See pic:

You can also see the RH side engine guard in this pic.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Here’s a close-up of one of the Duke 390 mirrors, and you can also see the heated grips controller and the flyscreen, plus the Oxford hand guards I fitted:

407guy407guy
    Participant

Very nice!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Here’s a better pic of the flyscreen, and also it shows off the Oxford hand guards I fitted. Also the rear luggage bag has already been removed <sigh>

You can see the ‘EURO’ indicators better here. They are very neat. I find the crossbar on the handlebars is really useful to mount stuff like my GoPro (see above) and TPMS display (not shown in this pic). Gotta have a camera when riding in heavy traffic here in the UK because cars regularly try to kill me.

Luwys007Luwys007
    Participant

are those oxford hand guards specifically for the svart ? or did you fit them from another bike ? also where did you get the fly screen from ? i cant find it on the forum shop.

407guy407guy
    Participant

Probably need to go directly to the dealership and order the fly screen.

Give them the part number.

https://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/zubehor/windshield/flyscreen/?year=2018&segment=Svartpilen&model=F2375R2&category=KE3-16034506

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

The Oxford hand guards are generic ones sold to fit *most* bikes. They aren’t specifically for the Svartpilen, but they do match it well and fit in with the bike’s overall style. They’re available from Oxford Products own website. You have to remove the bar ends and internal weights, but this doesn’t seem to have caused any additional vibration problems.

As 407guy said, the flyscreen is an official Husqvarna accessory part and can be ordered from your nearest dealership.

doublure_bitedoublure_bite
    Participant

Thanks for the pics, very nice bike!

I love those rims too, but were too expensive as an option…

Do the heat grips run well ? I had it on my Yam MT125 and It wasnt as good as I thought :'(

Cheers

Participant

I can recommend the Husqvarna magnetic tank bag over the tail bag, if it fits the Svart401 – it is large enough to fit a lunch meal.

I am also considering the backpack since it looks like an excellent water resistant construction, and has 26 liter capacity – not a great big size, but better than the saddlebags which have an odd construction
    https://www.ktm-parts.com/3HS200016100.html

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by AvatarKWW.
    Participant

Great design touches, just made me order some Duke 390 mirrors for my Vit/Svart hybrid project !

Participant

that backpack is very nice, i just bought one last week and used it on a 250 mile trip to Pennsylvania mountains.. way worth it.

bag itself is a great sealed seamed shell with removable inner lining for easy cleaning/removal of items inside. lots of storage pockets and just feels like great quality all around for just 130$. if they branded this bag as arc’teryx veilance they would sell it for 999$+ and it would sell it.

only gripe with that backpack is the lower belt-style straps are finnicky and mine unbuckled on first use and somehow melted onto the exhaust while riding. good think they’re just velcro strapped in for easy replacement/removal.. i’ll probably upgrade them soon to a sturdier waist strapping mechanism.

well worth it otherwise!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.