Valve Cover Oil Leak

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Starfire 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    julian.bell
    julian.bell
    Participant

Hey there. I just discovered a pretty substantial leak coming from the valve cover gasket this morning. I’ve had the bike parked for about a month and just went out on a ride today. First stop I noticed the left side of the engine all wet. I’m going to drop it off at the dealer Tuesday for hopefully a warranty fix of this. Has anyone come across anything like this on their bikes? Any idea what caused it besides maybe valve cover bolts out of spec or a misaligned gasket?

Starfire
    Participant

Hey, i have the same problem now. When weather in Czech will be better i want visit Husqvarna shop with this problem. How did you manage it? And how long takes repair?

Thanks

julian.bell
    julian.bell
    Participant

It was really painless. My dealership is a five minute ride away. Went in and they took some pics for Husqvarna warranty. Three days later or so the work was approved and they had the part so I brought the bike back in and had it all fixed up in a day. They found a sprocket leak at the same time and fixed that as well. Had it back now foor a bit but only done maybe 200km and so far no more leaks.

Starfire
    Participant

Nice, thank you for report .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.