USB 701

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Myel
    Participant

Hello,
    The USB 401 kit that mounts on the 701?
    If yes, how?
    thank you

Husqvarna USB Power Outlet Vitpilen/Svartpilen 401

JohnnyLightning
    Participant

Apparently, the cable is not needed for the 701.

Wvblackgun
    Participant

Johnny is indeed correct, however other than slipping under the seat I haven’t successfully routed the usb-c cable in a way that I can live with going to my ram mount to keep my phone charged.

EDIT: a 6 foot cable WILL NOT reach the handlebars. Amost will, but no cigar

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Wvblackgun. Reason: added information
    Brett Hawton
    Participant

There are plenty of 8′ USB cables on Amazon & EBay.

Wvblackgun
    Participant

I mentioned the 6′ cable being too short to help save someone the grief of routing a cable that is too short. like I did. (6′ being the most common and popular size)

unfortunately I own them in 4′, 6′, and 12′ foot sections.

Qwandree

How are you routing, under seat then under tank to bars?

Wvblackgun
    Participant

Qwandree, that was what I tried, but it required a different size ziptie than the ones I had, and I didn’t know how well the cable would do that close to the cylinder head(HOT). Plus my cables were either too short or 6 feet too long. So, and don’t laugh at me, temporarily I run it under the seat and then across tank to my ram mount. With the wire just laying on my tank. Pretty pathetic for someone in instrumentation! lol I will find a better way to route it. I want it to pop out right at the Fork stem, and I know it is possible, there are even 2 weep hole looking things under  the seat in the silver plastic that look to be made for running a wire, like a chase, but I had no luck w them. I’m pretty sure this endeavor will entail removing the silver fairings around the fuel tank.

Qwandree

Let me know when you sort through the procedure for pulling the tank fairing. 🙂

I want to have muck with the o2 sensor that sits underneath it (as well as run usb from the seat).

DAP831
    Participant

Pulling the tank and / or the tank cover isn’t too bad actually. There is plenty of room under the cover for wires, if that is what you want to do.

However, the cylinder head shouldn’t get hot enough to worry about it damaging your cable.

There are also two Aux power connections behind the headlight that you can use as well. I would be tempted to use one of those. A lot cleaner wiring.

Qwandree

Any chance you could list the bolt locations or photos to pull the tank fairing? I am definitely missing something…

DAP831
    Participant

OK. Here goes, this is how you take the covers and the tank off.

1. Remove seat.

2. Pull up on the front of the black cover at the front of the tank. There is a tab on both legs of the cover, then slide cover forward.

3. There are 3 screws under the cover, the outer two hold the tank cover in place and the center one hold the tank to the frame. You will see the tank vent routed on the left side, you will want to pull that out if you are removing the tank.

4. To remove the tank you need to unhook the carbon filter at the rear of the tank,then you should see an air house behind it on the right hand side, disconnect that. Remove the two screws next to the carbon filter.

5. You should then be able to lift up the rear of the tank and disconnect the fuel line, there is a lock tab ob the connector. Disconnect the two electrical connectors on the right hand side. The tank should come free at that point.

6. To remove the cover from the tank remove the six screws holding the fuel cap in place, three actually hold it in place, the others are decorative.

7. Remove the yellow trim piece by removing the three screw and the two 90 degree turn plastic tabs. The yellow piece will slide up, you can see it slots into some tabs in the cover.

8. There will be two tabs in the middle of the bottom edge of the cover that hook underneath the tank. Pull the down and out to remove the bottom edge. Then there are a few tabs that slide from one half into the other. Be care full, but they pull apart family easily.

9. To put it back together just reverse the process.

Myel
    Participant

pics?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.