Upgrade levers for Svartpilen 701?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am just wondering if there are options out there for upgraded levers for the Svartpilen 701?

I see some readily available for the 401’s, as well as upgrades for the radial levers on the Vitpilen 701, but not sure what else is compatible with the Svart?

Post up some photos or links if you have any!

Thanks!

Participant

I’m quite interested in an answer to this as well — anyone try Vitpilen 701 oem upgrade levers on the svart?

i was told the 401 parts were not compatible as they use cable actuated vs hydraulic fwiw.

Participant

I don’t think they will be compatible because the Vitpilen 701 uses radial master cylinders, meaning the hydraulic piston pushes in a different direction than the Svartpilen…

Might be more similar with levers from a Supermoto 701 or Enduro 701, now that I think about it…
    I’ll have to dig deeper.

Participant

Interested also. Seems like there is not much support for the Svartpilen 702

Participant

Im pretty sure the svart uses identical brakes as the vit — they are also described as hydraulic radial — do you know for certain otherwise?  I admit my technical knowledge of brake design is below most others on this forum, but I see no difference in how they are described on the spec sheets on the husky site.

Participant

Cacophone, yes, it is clear when you see them in person next to each other.

Svartpilen 701 uses regular axial master cylinder style levers.
    Vitpilen 701 uses radial.

Maybe the spec you are reading is the the radial mounted front caliper? Which is the same between the two, just varies in color.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.