Upgrade Brake / clutch lever

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello. Im looking for a brake lever that I don’t need to reach far for, one that sweeps back, and is light weight, to make 2 finger breaking while manipulating the throttle easier.

Also if you know of a better clutch lever that will improve performance on stop and go traffic, let me know!

Thank you very much.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I did a post on how to modify the original brake lever to bring it closer to the bars. Very cheap and works like a charm.

The best clutch modification for stop and go traffic is a Rekluse, got one on my bike, and it’s Husqvarna approved.

Participant

I improved my clutch lever action with a few steps to take the excess play out if it.

This involved taking it apart cleaning and smoothing everything then finding the thinnest nylon washers I had to insert either side of the lever. Even these were to thick so I carfully sanded them down to a custom thickness. If its done to a very good tollerance it doesnt introduce any friction. Its also important to make sure the cable properly adjusted and lubed.

Try thinner gloves, thick leather ones make it a lot harder to pull the clutch lightly. Check the ergonomics of where the reach should be on YouTube and get used to that position.

Im going to try and take the slack out of the throttle next to improve to action on the other side of the bar.

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Installed MZS tuning short levers.  Straight forward install.  They look and feel better, plus they got rid of the vertical slop the OEM ones have.

C

ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

B

Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Scuba! You come tome the rescue once again. Ill look into these and likely order them.
    Do you know if they are for the brake as well? Really could use both. Im looking for them now and not seeing them. I gota dig more i guess. Thank you</p>

MZS Motorcycle Brake Clutch Adjustable Shorty Lever Compatible KTM 390 Duke/RC390 2013-2019

Think I got em.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by AvatarRoadkill.
    ScubadubbersScubadubbers
    Participant

Yup.  They come as a set.

Participant

Got it! Thanks!!!

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I did as mlrm did, but I used copper shim washers (available in a range of thicknesses) rather than nylon. Worked really well, no more clutch lever slop.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.