UK Vitpilen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

Participant

To do:

– Allu instrument surround

– Barracuda progressive indicators (turn signals)

– Gel seat insert

– Wheel rim strip bling

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Very nice! I added the front and rear mudguard extensions to my bike too. And I’ve added some wheel rim stickers as well, and they look grand. You have good taste 👌

Participant

Thanks Vanessa! Yeah they do love to cover themselves in mud don’t they!

HugoHugo
    Participant

Nice, super clean bike! I would love a list of the parts and mods you used 🙂

Participant

Cheers Hugo!

Mods – Akra end can with DB killer removed, 15 tooth front sprocket (the best mod by far), Oberon clutch slave, S22 rear tyre, 690 duke rear fender with a 3rd party extender, front fender extender (pyramid plastics), husqvarna tank protectors, quadlock phone mount with usb charger & vibration dampener, weighted evotech bar ends, mgadget mirrors, overpriced ktm power parts levers, evotech rad guard, GPS tracker, cheap motion sensor alarm, Roadlok mounted disk brake lock, Lidlox bar mounted helmet lock.

Participant

Very nice mods in detail!

Which part number of the duke 690 rear fender did you use?I ask because there is already a longer version from the duke 3 available (75604050000).

I see you also needed/mounted the duke 690 chain quard. Did this fit plug’n’play with the Vitpilen screws and mounting holes?

Does the longer fender in front and rear really result in a cleaner bike in bad weather conditions?

Kind regards

Vatte

Participant

Hi Vatte,

I used the Duke 4 fender with an extender, in hindsight the duke 3 would be better.

The Duke fender & chain guard fits the bike perfectly (same swing arm), however you would need new fixings. See the picture attached.

The fender extenders definitely help to keep the worst of the mud off, but riding in the rain still makes a mess. My main reason for installing them was to keep stone chipping off the rad & the rear tail.

David BrazilDavid Brazil
    Participant

@Kirkish –

Are those the 150mm or the 180mm length mirrors? They look great.

Are they long enough to see around you ok or about the same as stock?

Thanks.

Participant

Thanks David, yeah I think they go with the arrow theme & match the tank design well.

150mm. They’re a massive improvement over the vit stock mirrors, which were complete garbage due to the cheap build quality buzziness. Having said that you definitely have to tuck in your elbow depending on what side of the road you’re on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.