Tyre life

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi all,</p>

How many miles did you do before the first change of tyres? I’m at approx 4K and almost down to legal limit after the first yearly service. I knew the tyres were soft (and not great in the rain) but that was perhaps half of what I expected and curious with your experiences.

Participant

I got 4500 out of my rear tire. Swapped to Dunlop Q3 plus

Participant

Cheers – going for pilot road 5s for both. Need something decent when damp

Participant

Miles or km?

After two times round 3800 km the tyre were dead. Now i have the super corsa SC1 in the front and SC2 on the rear. Will see what happen…

Participant

Miles. Wow you went through yours pretty quickly too.

Participant

Original Battlax rear tyre changed with about 11000km. Will change both this year – hope for 20 000km.

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

I just passed 8k miles on my 701 svart with the stock Parelli MT 60’s, the rear tire has been replaced once and the front is still original. That rear tire goes quick though, I took a 300 mile trip and that sucker had chinks of rubber falling off lol. For such a light bike they wear out quick, the MT 60’s aren’t very good when being pushed either.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

My bike is at 2800 miles and I guess I have about 500-1000 miles left on them. Will most likely try the Continental Attack SM EVO, else the Sport Attack 4.

I have no complaint about the S21, apart from the fact that I don’t feel them. They hardly show any signs of “working” and feel a bit harsh to me, even at lower pressures. I could be all between my ears. They never let me down either.

Anyway, I love Contis with their gradual change in tire compound towards the edge instead of just two strips.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.