Typical Noob Question about suspension

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have the opportuning to get hold of an 2012 690 Duke R rear shock, is it a drop in fit and is it worth the effort?

I can’t seem to find anything on the wider net so thought I would ask the community.

Sorry for the daft question…Noob…

NampusNampus
    Participant

Yes and yes.
    I have the same shock in my Vit701, definite improvement over stock!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by NampusNampus.
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

Quick question, why would an 8 year old shock absorber be a good idea to fit to a new bike? Will it be any better than the one already on the bike? Just curious.

NampusNampus
    Participant

Because the R shock is a much higher quality shock.

Depending on the mileage of the donor bike I’d get the shock serviced though.

Participant

Nampus, my eternal thanks!

Vanessa, the Duke R has fully adjustable WP suspension, the kind KTM fitted to all their bikes before they started building down to a price to improve their popularity…

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Because the stock one is a pos…

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

OK, thanks. Didn’t realise the stock rear shock on the 701 was so bad. The stock shock on my SP401 seems fine to my novice backside. It does have the lowering spring fitted though.

Speaking of shock absorbers, I’ve just received a pair of custom built Nitron shocks for another bike of mine (with genuinely terrible stock shocks), not a Husky though. And Nitron recommend they are serviced every 12,000 to 18,000 miles, and even include a service book that can be stamped by a Nitron authorised service provider. So I agree with Nampus, even if the 690 Duke R shock is a high spec, it might be worth getting it serviced.

SvartGuySvartGuy
    Participant

This explains a lot actually, I’ve never had confidence in the bike pushing it hard through corners.. didn’t have that “on rails” feel. Are there any other shock brands that you guys can recommend, looks like the Duke R shock is hard to find

Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.