Turn Light Issue during speeding up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys, I have an issue with the right turn light while ridding, if I pass a vehicule , I turn on the left turn light and speed up the bike -normal- it behaves ok (I mean it flashes with the same frequency during the pass) until I return to the lane. In this case I turn on the rigth light -Im still speeding up-  but the light lose the normal flasing frequency it started to blink more rapidly or even worse the lamp standstill like a kind of false contact or shortcut.  Any of you guys have had a similar problem? The bike is a 2019 Svartpilen 400 Kms til now.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I have a US Vit 701 with led blinkers and an ELFR-1 led flasher, and notice a similar behaviour. With the engine off they blink normally. As the revs go up they start to blink faster. My OCD and my “whatever” haven’t figured out yet if I should try to fix it, or if I just shouldn’t care…..

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

If the turn lights speed up their flashing as the revs rise this could be a voltage regulator problem or maybe a flasher relay problem. As the bike is new, I’d contact your dealer as it should be under warranty.

Failing this, put a voltmeter on the 12v battery and rev the engine. Note the max voltage, and post your findings back on here.

Or get hold of a replacement flasher relay (maybe from a donor bike at the dealer) and swap it over to see if the problem goes away.

Participant

There you have it, I noticed that this behaviour got worse now the bike did it with engine on neutral gear, but with revs rising.

Dealer told me they’d change the whole thing, wires, ligths and relay. They said the issue is the rear turn lights a kinda leds internal damage, it can’t be fixed separately.  Well…lets wait a couple of weeks

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I did some reading the other day on this subject. sicassracing offer inline resistors to fight this.

What I found was if you only have led blinker on one side of the bike, the LED flasher works fine. If you have led blinkers on both sides (front and rear) you need resistors as well, rear of front, not both.  Kinda sucks, but if this works I’m happy. I ordered a set for the rear. Will keep us posted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.