Trying to find a couple inches in the negative battery lead to install li-ion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TigrisJK
    Participant

I am installing a new Antigravity battery into my Vitpilen 701 and I wanted to lie it flat on the battery bay, as shown below.

Unfortunately the negative battery lead is two inches too short for this, so for now I’ve got the battery upright and the compartment shoved full of foam to hold it there. It’s a fine interim solution, but I’d still like to lie it flat.

Is there a couple inches of play in the negative battery lead I can free up anywhere? What panels would I need to remove to access it?

If I need to splice or heat shrink any cables to get any more length. I’d rather go into the shop to have the whole cable replaced with a longer one, my heatgun died recently and I’m actually trying to slim down on my tools cabinet.

Thanks in advance.

Satur9
    Participant

Would something like this help. Top  to side terminal post adapter. Maybey lay it off to the left so front of battery is flush

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-90322-Stinger-SPT55310.html

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Satur9.
    TigrisJK
    Participant

That might be a solution that would work! I gotta measure some dimensions and then source one but that would be perfect.

TigrisJK
    Participant

Dang. Can’t find a seller in Canada carrying it for reasonable money so I can give it a shot.

For now I’ve just changed the orientation and packed the compartment with foam. It works for now but doesn’t give me as much extra space under the seat (but is free).

Satur9
    Participant

Down

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Satur9.
    Satur9
    Participant

That’s just one brand.  XS Power 551 I-BAR Side and Top Terminal Adaptor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ASUIU4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_DJG2QK5V9RDNNKKVTTS2. another. Just Google top to side screw post  battery adapter . Also with it being the negative.  A bent piece of copper bar and some heatsink . You could make one easily

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.