Trouble starting my 701 when hot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    HugoHugo
    Participant

Hi everyone,

For the last 2 months or so, my 701 have had trouble starting up, but only when hot, like when I stop for a refuel at the gas station and turn it back on right after, for example. The thing is, it cranks up like a charm every single time when cold (even in below 0°C temperatures), which is why I don’t think it comes from the battery (first thing that came to my mind of course).

I can’t get my head around it, it doesn’t make sense: a bike should struggle turning on when cold, not when hot haha

Here is a list of stuff I thought might be the source of my problems, but my knowledge in mechanics is a bit too poor to trust it so I submit it to you guys:

• Defective temperature sensors? Even though it wouldn’t make sense, as the temperatures showing on the dash are all good and as the bike does end up starting, which make me think it’s not a simple electrical “on/off” problem
    • Spark plugs ? But why ?
    • Defective decompressor system ? I don’t know for sure how this thing works but as it is supposed to help the engine cranking up, well, I wrote it down just in case
    • Gasoline pump not working properly when hot? Came up with this one today because as the bike struggled, I tried just turning it on and off again (activating the pump) and it cranked up immediately.

Here you go guys, if one of you have any idea or have had similar stuff happening to their bike, I’d love to hear your suggestions 🙂 Also, if you need any information, feel free to ask of course, I might have forgotten stuff that would help with understanding my problem.

Have a nice day !

Hugo

Participant

If your engine runs fine cold or hot its unlikely the pump. Pump failures affect all conditions typically since they are farther away from the engine.

if it cranks over fine even when hot then its not the decompression system. Im assuming that it cranks over but just doesnt start.

if temp sensors are showing up okay on the dash its probably also not it.

I would check your electrical connections, namely to the coils. hot engine and and coils or wires going bad have this symptom typically. hot coils esspecially.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.