Traction control doesn’t want to turn off

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa
    Participant

You can’t set the shift light function until after the first 1000km (621 miles). I think it also says this in the manual. This was certainly true for my bike. It makes sense because during the break-in period, the shift light is set to a factory recommended rpm limit that you are meant to stay below.

Participant

So just got back from the husqvarna dealer…. Couldn’t be fixed with a ecu flash and they suspect its the clocks or the loom but either way it’s not just a 1st service setting thing as they couldnt get the function to work even after resetting the ecu memory

So if your tc can’t switch off get it to a dealer

Participant

Okay thanks for the heads up

Participant

So just to give an update, I took the bike to the dealer and they just got back to me today. The called Husqvarna and have talked to them for about 4 hours trying to go over the TC issue. Husqvarna also shipped out a new gauge cluster to see if that was it and it didn’t change a thing. Apparently, Husqvarna said they are going to have to call their electric engineers in Austria and then get back to the dealer. Im picking the bike up tomorrow to keep riding it. Nothing is wrong and I dont want TC anyway, but will be taking it back after they get some info and i’ll let you know what happens if this happens to anyone else.

Participant

Ahh man that sucks… Mine went back for the second time and is now fixed. I will upload a photo of the paperwork in the morning but basicly on the ecu when it’s plugged in there’s an option for tc on or off. Mine was set to the wrong one which meant it was permanently on and un switchable.

Apparently it’s very counter intuitive in that if it’s set to off that’s correct because off means off and on where as on just means permanently on…. Or something like that

Participant

Get them to plug it in and try it…. Its worth it because the bikes a different beast with the tc off… Its surprising how much power is drained with it on

Participant

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Wait, is there a way to permanently switch TC off????

Participant

No… This is when your connected to husqvarnas obd style diagnostic computer… There’s certain options like resetting service warnings things like that. Mine was set wrong so tc was always on…. When it’s the other way tc is switchable but not always off….

When it’s set the wrong way your tc light doesn’t come on when ignition is on

Participant

Also therock3tbunny when I called husky/ktm told me what mine was doing was normal. When I quoted the owners manual he said that’s a misprint, when I said the vids online show the tc light lighting up he said that’s not UK models…. As soon as you mention warrenty they go a bit cold with you… They acted like that convo never happened when they fixed the issue that apparently wasn’t an issue…

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Ok, thank you and too bad for me.

I really wish I could permanently disable TC. I asked the same question to Pirate Racing, and he hasn’t found it out yet either…

Participant

I think there is a way but someone who knows more than me might explain why it wouldn’t work….

If you took the speed sensor off the front wheel and fitted it on the rear wheel so you have both sensors reading the same speed the tc would never intervene.

Or you could just wire splice the the rear wheel one to both recieving terminals…

The tc works by detecting differences in wheel speeds.. If it thinks there both the same it would work surely

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Dam! That’s a pretty neat hack 🙂

(why didn’t I think of it?)

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I would strongly warn against doing that. Those wheel speed sensors also operate the ABS, so you would screw up your ABS too. Putting both sensors on the rear wheel, with ABS active could cause erratic or dangerous system operation. For instance, if you locked up the rear wheel while riding, it might think both wheels are locked and release the front brake, preventing you from slowing down. If the system has an IMU, it will still deduce deceleration, but not see plausible wheel speeds and may generate a reference ground speed fault.

FYI I am an ABS and Traction control engineer.

Participant

I thought there would be a good reason not to

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.