Too many issues : Selling my 4Kkms & 5months old Svartpilen

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Matthew 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Aerthyen
    Participant

Hi guys !

If that info may help you, the ignition sensor failure shutting the engine was triggered by the revmatching in my case.

Procedure for replicating the fault :
    Ride on 3rd gear, fully pull the clutch AND revmatch while downshifting to 2nd.

Considering this procedure, the engine shut down every single time at the exact moment I rotated the gaz-handle, WHILE the clutch was pulled, so just half a second BEFORE I actually downshifted.

Hoping this may help you. ~

alukban
    Participant

So there is no problem is you simply downshift and let the slipper clutch do its thing with no rev matching then?

That makes for sloppy habits that can get you in trouble in a corner on when you switch to a bike with no slipper clutch… I have learned 😸

Matthew
    Participant

I know many have had issues…I also had the bike stall about 3-4 times when very new, maybe 3-400 miles. It has not after my first service and I am at about 1300 miles right now. I did the cat delete and swapped the Vit tree for Svart and added pro taper bars. I have to say, this is the most fun I have ever had on 2 wheels. LOVE the single cylinder sound with no cat and really enjoy the ride. Hope all these issues get straightened out for everyone.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.