titanium front exhaust pipe, and rear hugger 701 vitpilen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Anybody know where I can buy a titanium front exhaust pipe and decent quality rear hugger for my 701 vitpilen.

As far as I know the header (front pipe) is in Titanium, don’t shoot me if I’m wrong 😉

NampusNampus
    Participant

I don’t think it’s titanium, it’s stainless steel.

Participant

My Vitiplen 701 exhaust front pipe is made of stainless steel, l would love to replace it with a titanium front pipe. Does anybody know where I could buy one, thanks bazblue.

Participant

I haven’t seen one specifically for the Husqy 701 Pilens. But would also be lightly interested.

Probably be able to find some Duke 690 titanium headers, but may need to change the whole system to match because the Cat is probably different.

Participant

Hi

I don’t know about a titanium pipe, but http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk do a rear hugger extender for the Duke 690  which I have fitted on my 701, though you need to put a couple of small bolts in to help the supplied glue stick it on.

Participant

Thanks nickel will follow it up. Baz.

DCMnPADCMnPA
    Participant

Hey NickC………

Interested here in fitting a rear hugger extender on my Vit701 as well.  I see you popped on one for a 690 Duke.

Can you zip off a couple of pics to show the setup?  How well does the extender conform to the Vit’s shape where they overlap?

Thanks man……… M

Participant

Hi guys,

I’m a bit of a Luddite so won’t get you a photo quickly. However, the extender is the right width as Duke 690 rear tyre is the same section as the 701’s; the extender is about 6″ (15.5 cm) long so gives that much extra coverage.  It’s not as good  as a full hugger ( after all it’s intended to extend the Duke’s hugger) but it’s much better than the complete lack of protection on the 701. And it looks integrated, conforms to the shape of 701 and only costs about £20. You can see a picture of it on Pyramid’s website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.