Tire availability

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  iscamus17 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

My rear tire on the Svartpilen is done. The dealer says the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR 150/60 R17 isn’t available yet in the U.S. Anyone else have luck finding it or a decent alternative? Have you seen other Husky-approved tires for the bike?

xex
    xex
    Participant

The Vits use Metzeler M5 and I haven’t heard bad things about them.
    Personally I will probably end up replacing the Pirellis with a pair of Bridgestone S21, they are supposed to be pretty good (although maybe not the best for bad weather).

It’s a shame that the Pirellis add vibration because the grip is phenomenal, much better than what I was expecting.

Midnaite
    Midnaite
    Participant

Me too, I’m surprised by the grip.

I don’t know if you have Mitas in the US but they offer a good and cheap alternative

http://www.mitas-moto.com/en/products/motorcycle–trail–tires/?startItem=0&numberOfItems=20&sortType=

ThemSheeps
    ThemSheeps
    Participant

Not sure, on a bit of a different tangent, I think I might go with a more road specific tyre when the time comes. The stock ones look great, but I don’t think I have done more than about 2 km in the dirt, so it doesn’t really make sense for my day to day commuting needs.

I love Fortnine’s tire (or tyre as the rest of the world writes ;0) guide: https://fortnine.ca/en/reviews/motorcycle-tire-guide/

Cheers,

Johan

Coolbreeze
    Coolbreeze
    Participant

Hello evrybody,

I am so happy to ride my new svartpilen 401 since a month. So much fun but I  the pirelli tires don’t give me me a very good feeling. I think I will change for the Metzeller the one that are used for the vitpilen.

did any of you tried to put the metzeller. On a svartpilen? I would love to see what it looks likes, and and what it feels like!

good ride all od you! And sorry for my bad English, I am a french guy.

V

Heisenberg
    Heisenberg
    Participant

John – I did not see anything about how and where you ride. What kind of roads, what kind of speeds, etc. I guess you don’t ride offroad. There are tires that offer economy (mileage), but may not be sticky.

As far as the Pirelli’s that came with the bike, IMO, that was a tire that matched the budget. I would certainly look at other brands (Continental, Hidenau), but be specific about the kind of riding you do will better dictate the tires.

iscamus17
    Participant

they sell them in india, if you really want the oem tires like i did i had to find a dealer there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.