Tidy tail plus

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Over the winter removed the lower bracket for license plate, etc and installed the MNNTHBX fender eliminator which really is a very well designed, clean and simple set up  (link below).  I did find that when I road and it was wet, I ended up with a nice stripe up my back, so…..this past weekend I decided to fashion a bit longer tidy tail with the hope of mitigating some of the road spray from rear time  I made it out of kydex with some judicious heating and shaping. Can’t yet comment on functionality as it’s been dry but will update when I can. Pics attached.

MNNTHBX Fender Eliminator Husqvarna Vitpilen 401/Svartpilen 401

Participant

Participant

Great pics, Brian. I was thinking about the tail tidy, and wondered if there was some way we could just bolt the OEM plate/signals holder to the bottom of the tail. It looks like it kind of fits, but I haven’t had time to check.

If you still have yours, do you think something like that would work?

I’m thinking there may be some slight modification necessary, but I don’t know. Maybe if someone could fabricate a bracket kind of like the one on the swingarm, only smaller and utilizes the passenger grab bar mounts to attach to the OEM plate holder.

If not, then drill some holes into the OEM plate holder and secure it to the grab bar mounts using longer bolts/spacers.

If this would work, we wouldn’t need to do much with the wires other than re-route to above the swingarm, under the tail.

Participant

Thanks Sasstothefrass. I looked at the stock mudguard plate holder and while there may be a creative way to fashion a bracket to attach to the tail, it seemed too complex.  Additionally, I did not want to modify any OEM components so that I have the option to take anything back that stock if it suits me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.