Throttle Side Bar Vibration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Anyone else quite bothered by the numb hand, after say 25-35 minutes? Stop and go city traffic is fine but anything beyond at constant speed just vibrates my hand numb. Does anyone have this same issue? I understand this is a massive single cylinder and vibration is a consequence of that but my hand cant take it.</p>

What sort of remedies can we come up with?

Bar end weights? Different grips? I’ll do some research myself as well. Just wanted to hear from you all.

VanessaVanessa
    Participant

I fit a throttle paddle to all my bikes. It means I can relax my grip on the throttle when running for longer periods at constant speeds (e.g on the motorway) and hold the throttle open by resting my palm on the paddle. Really cheap mod too, only £2 on eBay. Helps lessen or prevent discomfort due to handlebar vibration.

Participant

Hey Jay, I had the same issue. I swapped out the crappy stock mirrors which I think add to the reverberation & bought evotech weighted bar ends. Haven’t had any numbness since. If you’re still having issues after that try some grip puppies.

bettercallpaulbettercallpaul
    Participant

I’ve changed the grips: no difference. Changed the mirrors: no difference. I talked to a lot of people and it seems to be not a vitpilen related thing, but a motorcycle thing. Probably som kind of cruise control unit will be your best bet.

mitchotmitchot
    Participant

I swapped over the grips on mine to ones with more padding and rubber. I feel like it helped a little, but not overly.

Secondly, I would suggest heavier bar ends. Have not looked into which ones though..

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I installed Sato weighted bar inserts. Works pretty good for me. The vibrations I feel are very minimal and don’t lead to buzzy hands.

JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

Max Kool, are you running bar end mirrors as well?

Also thanks for all your replies everyone!

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

Just one, on the left side. On the throttle side I have a flat cap and a weight inside the bar.

Participant

Grip puppies helped for me. The more you ride it the less it bothers you too. First time I felt my fingers were going to fall off (a year ago) last Sunday I went out for 12 hours and my buttcheeks were numb but my hands were not that bad.

JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

Sick! I wonder if the longer cap would accept a bar end mirror clamp in the throttle side. Ill check out some grip puppies as Ive never seen them before.

By the way, I too painted the once yellow plastic trim piece behind the tank. I couldnt stare at that for more than the ride home from the dealer. I found a metallic copper color that matched the clutch cover and such.

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

nice

NampusNampus
    Participant

@Jayboypilen, you got a picture of your bike with the brown/bronze panel?

JayboypilenJayboypilen
    Participant

Vitpilen

Max KoolMax Kool
    Participant

I could never get used to grip puppies, although I don’t have small hands (gloves size XL), they made the diameter way too big for me.

I couldn’t even get used to the slightly increased diameter of the Pro Grip 714 grips, often used on rally bikes to reduce fatigue.

Best grips so far for me are Domino Motogp grips. Very soft, grippy rubber with the same outer diameter as stock. I have them on my other bike. The grips on the Vit 701 come very close in feel btw.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Max KoolMax Kool.
    Participant

Looks good mate, im not really a fan of the fluro yellow either.

Max Kool, were the inserts easy to install? Are there already lighter OEM inserts in situ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.