Thank god for ABS

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rlarue
    Participant

WHEW. I had a real close call today. The kind where I imagined my eyeballs were really bugging out the closer I got to a bumper. In Seattle we have a lot of metered ramps with HOV lanes that don’t have to stop, and motorcycles can ride in HOV lanes. I’m in my lane cruising along approaching 50 mph (45 is the speed limit) when an impatient car (solo driver) decides to move into the HOV lane to skip the light! I saw him in time and slowed down so I wouldn’t ride his ass, but the dude either realized his mistake and freaked out about running a light, or just wanted to try and kill me, because he slammed on his brakes before passing the light. I’ve never had to break so hard in my life and without ABS I’m certain I would have lowsided, but instead I stayed upright on two wheels with the back wheel just lifting a bit. It happened really quick and I did stall for a hot second, and totally redlined when I started back up (in 4th), but I don’t even remember putting a foot down. Anyway, I’m super impressed with this bike and it’s brakes. 🤘

cbrianroll
    Participant

Wow!…..exactly why I dont ride on freeways lol. I live in the country so it’s a bit easier….although cages drive like morons because….we  live in the country. Glad your ok man, ABS is awesome…hope I dont get to test it!

rlarue
    Participant

Thanks man. I hope you don’t have to test it too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.